Derby #403: Eggplant

Good grief. How many resubs from the Purple derby are going to show up in this one?

They should all be rejected, because this is the same medium (T-shirt) as the previous derby, and not a specialty product like an apron or canvas or journal, etc.

As I mentioned in the derbies thread, this is a side sale derby - not a main page derby. It’s for stuff that maybe didn’t make the cut for $1000 and front page billing; it’s an ideal place for resubs - it gives some good art a second chance in a plus sale.

She is correct. Which is kinda rad, I’m hoping to see a lotta these print. I love love love purple tees.

Inspiration for someone…maybe???

flower

Not sure but I like the colors…

I’m looking forward to buying new shirts! Have to start replacing what I lost to customs.

How did you lose them to customs?

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Send me a list of which ones you’re most interested in. No guarantees that I’ll have everything to replace all that got lost, but I’m bound to have some of them, at least.

Also to any artists, postwhore your design over in this thread at meh to capture the attention of ex-Wooters.

yes! Thank you for the information, but it was a setting that they changed on my work computer. I.T. guys…phoooey. I work on books that are actually printed on a press and they keep changing the RGB settings, like that has anything to do with CMYK. lol…hex#ffffff is white. On my computer, it’s blue. I’m working blind! …and forget about using the creative cloud as it is intended to do. Aye yi yi! Sorry for the rant. It’s nice to find a community of artists that understand the concept of co lor. :slight_smile:

I’ve been tempted to do this and I’m pretty confident in their ability, it’s just that I prefer to learn on my own which colors work best. If it looks bad, I can’t blame anyone but myself and I learn something. Lol…maybe.

Love this color but most of all I LOVE AA SHIRTS!

Please Woot, bring them back - I’m willing to pay a buck more for them.
They’re made in the USA and they fit so much better than the boxy ones that you use now. I think you’d have a lot more traffic - like before, & sell a lot more shirts - like before.
You should do another trial period (a month?) with the AA shirts and do another market test.
If you make it, they will come…

With the new-ish 3 day derby, is Woot still doing that thing where they take designs from the derby as honorable mentions, pay the artist $2/shirt and gain exclusive printing rights forever and ever and ever without any way for the artist to opt out? I only see the ToA for the eggplant derby on the sub page.

Not an artist, but AFAIK, yes. I think the loophole is to not send in the print file, but even if requested for a fogged design, it’s unknown whether it’s for top-3 or for HM consideration.

Bolivia is not allowing used clothes to enter the country. My shipping company missed that detail. As a result, I lost all my clothes that I shipped, including my woot shirts. Thankfully, I had a few that came with me on the airplane, so I’m not completely shirtless! :-o

Thanks! I’ll PM you a list. Thankfully, I didn’t send the shirts that were too big, so I still have a few stashed back home in Missouri. I’ll be making a trip to the states in September, and will be able to bring clothes back with me on the airplane.

Ah bummer. Thanks much.

And you’re close enough to an artist. You’re like, “Keeper Of The Lore”. XD