Derby #41: Alphabet

ah. EXACTLY once… I read AT LEAST once.

Someone call dibs on alphabet soup…

EDIT: My entry has just one sentence:

http://www.amakihi.org/mrJock.jpg

Wow two themes at once! Good luck everyone can’t wait to see the results!

Oh wow, a theme that’s even worse than mothers IMO!
Not sure if I can do the Civ one :frowning:

I was having problems as well until I looked at the location, you can see it in the blog after the entry for the newest derby.

I HAVE AN IDEA!!! Thank you for saying video games, because it TOTALLY reminded me of one!!! rubs hands diabolically Oh heck yeah!!! I’m gonna have fun this week and next week!

a derby theme two weeks in advance? is this the start of a beautiful trend?

perhaps! I’m glad it’s finally happened. I like having the time to develop a design.

i was thinking about doing something with alphabet soup…but still not sure

So you can’t really use pangrams… what are you exactly left with? Alphabet soup, alphabet cereal, and just the alphabet on a shirt.

I assume we can draw anything made of letters, just can’t draw more than the 26 letters each. I see entries like the text derby…

Way to much going on at one time - love it. Alphabet backwards?

“…if you use fonts, please convert all text to outlines before you submit. If you manage to win, don’t spoil it by forcing us to get the fonts from you, or even rework your design to eliminate the offending text.”

I’m confused… convert to outlines? anyone feel like explaining this to me :>

I think I’m gonna try a design with a bunch of animals each starting with a letter of the alphabet in like an animal kingdom style picture. I’m assuming I have to actually have the letter showing like for ‘A’ if I did alligator, his mouth has to distinctly show an A shape his spines be A’s or something. Anyways, just checking to see whether something like this has been done before so I don’t get owned after spending lots of time on it. Thanks.

Odd:
Mr. Jock, TV quiz PhD, bags few lynx.
Cwm fjord-bank glyphs vext quiz.
Blowzy night-frumps vex’d Jack Q.
Squdgy fez, blank jimp crwth vox!
TV quiz drag nymphs blew JFK cox.
Q-kelt vug dwarf combs jynx phiz

I think I’ll take a nice cranberry shirt and add the alphabet in nice cranberry letters.

Thats fine by me. i loved that derby. just didnt love the shirts that it created.

PG13!

convert to curves in some programs.

I think we can draw anything as long as A-Z appear somewhere once each. It could even be a find-the-alphabet-hidden-among-this-pretty-picture type thing. It doesn’t have to be only the 26 letters, right woot?