Derby #416: 2014 Community Favorite

So, what are the official rules on the “band already exist” because I know that big name bands would of course be a no no but what about the more obscure local bands/almost-garage bands with the existing names? Because that is what I’m running into.

Yeah, a definition of ‘exist’ in the context of a band would be helpful. If the band is not signed with a label, and no one has heard of them, I think that would be okay. For example, if ‘Jo Jo and the Monkey Clown’ where a local bar cover band in Muleshoe, Tx, and no one in Boston knows who they are, I think that would be okay. I also don’t think it counts as a band if a guy calling himself ‘Sweet McGee and the F-Holes’ only plays open mic night at a coffee shop in Alexandria, VA. If it is not obviously a real band without using the google machine, I think you’re okay. In the end, as long as Woot doesn’t hit the rejection button (of course, there is a cover band called ‘The Rejections’ in Seattle), then I think you’re okay. I had a hard time with this, too, and one of my subs is arguable.

Hey guys, IMPORTANT:

Slight adjustment to the Derby schedule… The community favorite derby will wrap at 1PM Central. The Speed Derby will run from 1PM to 2PM, then the Rock Band derby kicks off at 2PM. Sorry for any confusion.

Goooooo Krakens!

AHH! I was having a freak out a minute ago that I wasn’t able to enter.