Derby #43 Cyberpub: If I had $1000000 I'd build a tree fort in our yard

Same time, same(ish) place. Ready? Go! As always, friendly derby discussion is of course also welcome.

Foreman: I think your argument is specious.
House: I think your tie is ugly.

Cameron: Men should grow up.
House: Yeah. And dogs should stop licking themselves. It’s not gonna happen.

Foreman: Yeah, you’re all about nurturing.
House: Do you need a hug?

Cameron: You want me to tell a man whose wife is about to die that she may have cheated on him?
House: No, I want you to be polite and let her die.

House: Perseverance does not equal worthiness. Next time you want to get my attention, wear something fun. Low-riding jeans are hot.

Cuddy: How is waking me up in the middle of the night to lie to a patient supposed to convince me you’re better than House?
Foreman: [holds up coffee] I brought you coffee?

Wilson: Even I don’t like you!
House: Words can hurt you know.

Foreman: How’d she get to you?
House: She’s the CEO of Sonyo cosmetics. Three assistants and fifteen VPs checked out who should be treating her. Who da man? I da man. I always suspected.

(from House M.D. – quite possibly my favorite show)

House quotes! Awesome!

How fast/would this get rejected?

Pucker? Hardly knew her!

Probably nearly instantly.

EDIT: You should probably do “Pucker Up” or some variation.

Thank you. I’ll spare the woot world this inappropriate entry.

Sadly, “Pucker Up, Buttercup” was used in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, when the principal thought he was on the phone with Ferris who was impersonating Sloan’s father, but really he was on the phone with Camron who was impersonating Sloan’s father, and boy did he apologize when Grace the receptionist told him Bueller was actually calling in on line 2!

I like “Pucker Up, Buttercup.” Too bad it’s been said before.

I love House.

I have dibs on “Walking Disaster”.

There’s an Amy Winehouse tee with that on it, but it has her photo also, so it specifically refers to her personally. Would that count? I googled it AFTER having the idea.

Remember, “Pow! Right in the kisser!” from Looney Tunes?? Maybe you should make a variation (parody) with “POW! Right in the Pucker!” Maybe make POW! one of those explosion picture things.

If you put it in the exploding word balloon thinger, that would count as illustration. =\

'Lo, cyberpub.

I think that counts. They will probably be very strict about it.

When I get back I’m looking up “Walking Contradiction.” Also, if woot says we can do foreign languages (I asked in the main derby thread) I’m doing a Japanese one that says, “I’m Better Than You.”

I think it’s okay if it’s been SAID before, just not if it’s been put on a t-shirt before. Right? I mean, if it’s a slogan, it’s been said.

Oh, if we can use foreign languages, I’m going to be HAPPY.

Not in an exploding bubble, make the text the shape of an exploding bubble.

Has that been deemed allowable?

This will be an interesting derby…

Wonder how many will do text in the grunge style.

you can also wonder how many will not receive a vote from me. :slight_smile:

after Revolution, I have no interest in distressed text at all. :slight_smile:

How about this folks?

Have a waff… shoot! Okay,have two half waffles

Yeah, the last revolution over-distressed me. ba-dump ching

Thanks guys, I’m here all afternoon. Tip your waiter.

I agree.

Ooh, I just thought of a shirt I had in the 70s - when my grandma saw it, she smacked me on the butt. Heh - I may do a variation on that theme.

Not tellin’. You’ll see it tomorrow.

A friend of mine who’s from Panama pronounces "waffles’ like “baffles”, so I like your idea, hehehe.