Derby #43: Slogans

I already have the perfect moto!

I meant this as a joke but I may as well rework it and submit it. They should’ve probably put a cap on # of entries this week.

What about non-English? Is it okay if links are posted to translations? Or are we looking specifically for English? (Clarification please.)

I don’t see other languages as an issue, if the entries are required to have the transladed phrase as say… the entry title

I’m not thrilled about this derby, but it does level the field for those of us with only mediocre art skills. Of course, I’m not really a calligrapher either, so maybe that’s a problem… =P

See, I disagree. To me, it’s not a slogan shirt if noone I know can read it. (I realize that we all know people that know other languages, but this is woot, could we even assume 0.1% of the users can read another language?)

I would buy that! Do it. At first i thought to myself that this derby will produce nothing i would wear. Then i read this!
amazing.

so…a typical derby?

(JOKING!) :^)

Not all foreign language phrases are so limited. I’m sure woot can easily determine how obscure the quote is.

“Et tu Brute” isn’t English, though I’m sure many many people know what it would mean (just picked it as a quick example).

i got it “The Future’s Bright. The Future’s Pancakes.” or “pardon me do you have any gray computer”
“we bring mustard to life” “make it a computer night”

Do they have to make sense? I have a hard time making sense since I was fired from the sense factory… there’s a freebie for y’all :slight_smile:

I agree, to some extent, like “Laissez les bon temps roulette”, but feel like there is 0 chance the recognizable phrases aren’t on hundreds of shirts already.

Sorry Amach06, I was joking! That slogan already exists as a popular text shirt on threadless :wink:

Je ne parle pas francais.

I took French for six years and I’m still terrible at it. Not completely sure what that phrase of yours mean. Leave… good times… roulette. =P

Je ne suis pas un bon etudiant de francais.

Or “Voulez vous coucher avec moi?”

Not telling what I’m working on, but it ain’t these… :wink:

Although J’ai un mal de tête is pretty funny (I have a headache). EDIT: I know it says text and only text, but I’m designing illustrationny text (IE- I’m treating it like the text derby we SHOULD have had)…

Let the good times roll.

They should have probably mentioned to once again rasterize your images for the print-ready version, just as a friendly reminder. But then again they could also mention “no photographs in your design” in every write up and people would still submit them.

I think the best shirts will probably be someone’s own personal slogan/phrase…

Something like “Have a waff… shoot! Okay,have two half waffles”…

forget these i just re-read this…“no slogans that have ever been printed on another t-shirt, or that even come close”