Derby #45 Cyberpub: Tech support is inconsistent at best, causes hair loss or death at worst

You know the drill. As always, friendly derby discussion is also welcome.

Bruce Wayne: I knew the mob wouldn’t go down without a fight. But this is different. They crossed the line.
Alfred Pennyworth: You crossed the line first, sir. You hammered them. And in their desperation they turned to a man they didn’t fully understand. Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Harvey Dent: You’re Alfred, right?
Alfred Pennyworth: Yeah.
Harvey Dent: [about Rachel] Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?
Alfred Pennyworth: You have no idea.

Chuckles: I’m betting the Joker told you to kill me soon as we loaded the cash.
The Joker: No, no, I kill the bus driver.
Chuckles: Bus driver? What bus driver?
[a school bus drives through the wall and kills Chuckles]

(from The Dark Knight)

There sure are a lot of countries out there. Germany. Prussia. Prussian Germany. The Holy Roman Empire. As a species, we’re really good at staking out our turf. But so is the common songbird. What makes us better than them? Why, our capacity to draw! A crest, a flag, a postmark, a seal, a thing that one could rally behind in a lost cause that was going to get everyone killed. This is your chance to leave a mark on the world. Only make sure the world you’re marking doesn’t already exist.

This week, we want to see an emblem of the nation that’s in your head. We only have a few rules. First of all, No real countries, as bad designs might provoke a war. Secondly, No imaginary countries that someone else created. We saw what happened to Peter Jackson regarding the Balrog and we just don’t want to get involved. We are applying this rule broadly to all places from myth and legend, be they Atlantis, Brigadoon, The Kingdom Of Prester John or Narnia. If you were C.S. Lewis, we’d let you use Narnia, but we know for a fact he’s dead, so we better not catch any of you trying it. Invent your own imaginary friends.

Also, keep one eye on the shirts we have already printed, like Geek Crest. We don’t want reruns. Try not to be too similar. Remember, your world has a very different history than ours!

And this time, no all-text shirts. A motto or something is fine, but imaginary people don’t rally around a sentence. Especially your imaginary people. Why don’t you put a little cash into the imaginary school system or something? Jeez.

Shouldn’t that be derby #45?

This should be interesting.

Yeah, whoops.

Somebody needs to start posting wt.f the derby theme is so I don’t have to back to the Bad Place. NOBODY THINKS OF DUCKY.

For a second I thought the cyberpub had undergone mitosis.

Your rather loud demand has been met. Ducky, you must be having a two-day chocolate hangover.

Lurker: “There, there, Ducky. I think of you ALL THE TIME…”

Skek used to. Blame him.

I’m still binging, Schrobbs. I can’t get rid of these things… it’s like a bottomless pit of Kisses and Hugs. There’s just so much…and it’s so tasty.
“I’m so excited…I’m so excited…I’m so…SCARED.” sob

I’ll take the hugs. I <3 Hershey’s Hugs. :slight_smile:

Squirm.
He gives me sepsis and bad dreams.
He’s lost a goodly bit of weight, so now he has those hollowed cheekbones that ONLY work for David Bowie and NOT Lurkers.

you’re scaring me a little.

aside from the Imaginary Kingdom of ME… 'm gonna have to dig into my treasure trove or writings for this one…

All I can give you is INTERWEB HUGZ!

Same here, except I’ve written much more poetry than prose, especially anything approaching novel-length. I’ve got a few lands though… and even a map!

/just read through the last few comments in the last cyberpub

Thanks for the vote of confidence! As amazing as it would be to snag 2nd and 3rd, for now I’m just hoping to regularly place in the top 10. I’ve consistently been in the top 30 though…

Maybe I should stay away from the main derby thread, like forever. I lack restraint today.

Just put a smiley face at the end of every sentence. :slight_smile:

I take offense at that. I used to live in an asylum. Restrained.

HAVE YOU NO COMPASSION? :slight_smile:

The misunderstanding in the main derby thread seems to have been deleted. Booooooo. I made a witty comment at the end.

Smiles seem to work for happy bunny:

http://images.art.com/images/-/Happy-Bunny---Hi-Loser--C11737172.jpeg

Edit: Deleted? NOOO!!! It was making me laugh.

By the way, I would appreciate it if you guys read through this post of mine and let me know what you think. I don’t know how mistaken I am with any of it, but I’m sort of hoping it turns into something useful.