Derby #45 (Imaginational Symbols): Honorable Mentions

The thing that kills me here is that I really like warhol’s style. I think he deserves a print by woot, and I think woot would do well by printing him. It’s the way the whole thing has panned out that frustrates me.

Warhol, as a bit of advice, let me say this. Woot DOES accept dailies… you can find out more in their FAQs. They’ve HMd you a few times already. They clearly like your work. I’d like to get to buy some of it. Pitch a design or two to them that way. They’ll accept previously used designs as dailies, too, so you can possibly see some of your unprinted work print. As far as the derbies, though, it’s different from threadless’s submission process, because it’s more fast paced. I think you’ll see a lot more support if you start from the ground up.

also I doubt that a lot of the designers that submit designs the day the derby starts are “new” designs.

and you would be wrong. People like Cho and Tgentry come up with new work week after week.

last week was from the ground up. I did the crest design in a night. It was my mistake for subbing again so soon elsewhere. I should have known better you guys are right. I apologize to woot and the users. But its not the end of the world

all in all its my fault for assuming. assuming that that was the end for the design. I wasnt expecting another HM.

Starting new designs specifically for the derby is the norm here. Most of the consistently ranked designers are doing exactly that. If you check out the derby forum between when the theme is announced and the derby opens, you’ll see that many people post their ideas and in progress sketches.

While it isn’t required to create new work for the derby, most submitters who vote prefer that, as it evens the playing field and ensures that all work is on-theme. This is why resubmissions sometimes get a lot of hateful comments.

Regardless of the HM, woot still retains the rights to the design for 60 days. The HM changes it to 180 days. That is contained in the contents of the contract agreement that you and woot made during the submission process.

NOTED I SENT AN EMAIL FOR IT TO BE PULLED.

When you do good work, never assume the end.

I do bad work, so I always presume it :wink:

You’re as hard on yourself as you are on others. Okrahoma wasn’t bad work.

once again. sorry guys. last thing i wanted to do was make enemies.

Okrahoma was epic work, I was saddened that it didn’t merit inclusion in this list.

Yep, I can ready the properly capitalized post as well. I was responding to you saying you thought it wasn’t going to get an HM so it was OK to submit. Sorry. I did not know it would make you scream. I was really trying to just help.

It’s like kids. When they’re yours, you love them even if they’re slow.

When they’re someone else’s, you want to smack them for crying all day.

haha sorry caps was an accident

while we are on the subject of “no no’s”

how does the community feel about submitting under aliases?

It’s not common, but not frowned upon that I’m aware of (though often people guess the artist from the style anyway). Why would that be an issue?

not sure really. just a question

I don’t think anyone’s really going to care. How will they know?

The only people who will care are those who are looking for design-style pirates. If you’re under anything but Warhol, someone might accuse you of stealing Jean Warhol’s style! Oh noes!

As for resubmits, why not?. As long as it’s theme relevant and of quality, there’s certainly no woot rule against it if it was entered on another site. Just a few angry wooters.

thanks