Derby #46 Cyberpub: Now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night

I like happy stuff, yay. So be nice. As always, friendly derby discussion is also welcome.

Ron Weasley: Hermione, you are honestly the most wonderful person I have ever met. If I’m ever rude to you…
Hermione Granger: I’ll know you’ve gone back to normal.

Luna Lovegood: [regarding Hogwarts’s Food] I hope they have pudding.

Harry Potter: Hey Big D. Beat up another 10 year old?
Dudley Dursley: This one deserved it.
Harry Potter: Five against one. That’s very brave.
Dudley Dursley: Well you’re one to talk, moaning in your sleep every night. At least I’m not afraid of my pillow. “Don’t kill Cedric!” Who’s Cedric, your boyfriend?

Ron Weasley: Hermione, I hate your cat.

Hermione Granger: That foul, evil old gargoyle! We’re not learn how to defend ourselves, we’re not learning how to pass our O.W.L.s. She’s taking over the entire school!

(from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)

SPOILER! In OotP, Dumbledore survives.

Not quite. I don’t think I’ll post it up yet though, since I think others would be able to execute it far better than I. :wink:

It doesn’t have to be green on green. It has to be on green or have green ink, but not necessarily both.

I want to go abstract as well, but not for the same reason as you. There are some subtle, hard-to-interpret rules in this derby. It has to conceptualize green somehow. Abstract would probably work, depending how you interpret it.

Not sure if just a tree is enough to conceptualize green. I expect the rejectionator will be touchy about it.

suggestions from the girls:
a garden without a zombie
a zombie on its own
aliens
and something else that just escaped my brain

I’m back from doing elder-care and am now trying to be coherent. wish me luck!

Ah, here we are. Da noo sybur-pubb.

So it’s green, eh? All I can think of is that shirt “Grow”. Liked it. Wanted it, but won’t get it, probably ever.

What to do, what to do.

I got it, but I was stupid and got a small to experiment in sizes. When I discovered I didn’t like the fit (i.e. when it got here), Grow had been reckoned. Sigh. Hope to get it in my randoms (it seems a few people did), but I guess I can live with a small.

I think I’m going to do some monsters of some sort… and peas…

Aliens might be fun… good luck with coherency!

Dude, my boss is giving me the day off tomorrow for my birfday! I didn’t even really ask!
Somebody’s getting a “World’s Best Boss” mug for Christmas.

Sorry I’m late folks:

THE NEW DERBY- Up next:

Some may call green a secondary color, but it takes a back seat to no hue. Operating between 520 and 570 nanometers on your visual dial, it’s the color of plants, of money, of jealousy, of eco-marketing. From Ireland to Libya, from the Taliban to the Green Berets, green is richly laden with mixed meanings. Pick out one, or two, or more and design a green-themed shirt that will make you lots of money and make everybody else jealous.

Your design must be on a green (or grass) shirt, or include at least one green ink color, in addition to dealing with “green” conceptually.

No text this week.

And let us remind you right now that plain green shirts, shirts dealing with marijuana, or shirts featuring copyrighted material (Green Lantern, Kermit the Frog, The Green Mile, etc.) will be rejected.

I’m going to a funeral in the morning tomorrow and a wedding in the evening.

Sadness and happiness in one day. Sounds emotionally exhausting.

Here’s my task, from the last Cyberpub (which, reminder folks, everyone else was supposed to give awards, right? If not, I won’t do any more…)

I just came up with the singularly most brilliant idea for the next derby. Absolutely friggin genius. It’s called Martian Menagerie. I’m gonna take EVERY animal I have EVER done for woot (or otherwise), put them in the same color palette, and overlay them on one design. Then, I’ll take the moon surface from the 1969 derby entry, and put that behind them all. Maybe the earth in the background from another entry, and finish with some interstellar splatter. Sends up the whole resub idea at the same time. YAY!

I think awards are still supposed to happen. Nobody ever mentioned otherwise that I know of. (As a non-designer, generally inept visual artist and jaded derby voter I never give them, sry guyez.)

Ah, peas. Now that’s green. Especially whirled peas, which I know is not an original idea.

I never give them, either. It’s not a bad thing. EDIT: 800th post.

well, that’ll run the gamut of emotions.

better than the other way around, I think. end the day on a good note

ooooh, coolness

and I paid no attention to the last derby. will be doing awards this week though.

I even have a little template I made up with my awards written out 'cos I’m a geek that way.

Hey mia! Yeah, I noticed you were not around this week.

EDIT: So far I have a goldfish, giraffe, squirrel, frog, eyes from water derby, bird, zoot creature, pigeon, bear, bee, spider, rat, shark, che guevara roach, flower creature, duck, camel, mouse, chimp, whale, raptor, dipping bird (which will need to be converted from text to a real drawing to not violate rules),

Also thinking of sneaking the IRS taxman in the background (kind of an homage to Half Life). And instead of interstellar splatter, use the nightmare creature in space overlooking it all.

I was helping my grandmother recover from a stroke.

and then recovering from helping my grandmother recover from a stroke

I was really only online to buy the summer derby winners. :slight_smile: from 7 shirts one weekend to 0 the next! I can hope for good stuff this week.

I doubt there will be much competition for my ocean/water award tho

This week’s Cyberpub subtitle makes me think of Afternoon Delight, which bifurcates into Arrested Development and Anchorman, so I’m pretty pleased.

I hope your grandmother is better!

blast and damnation. wanted to try the draw and scan move…scanner is BROKEN. T___T and it is too hot to MOVE right now. I know I wanted a new scanner and all, but I don’t want to go out right now in this melting heat. I am laying here in front of the fan in my skivvies thinking cold thoughts.( AC is not working right, and I am trying to acclimate myself before moving to a place hotter than the bright side of Venus.) This makes this poor former Alaska girl a sad sad puppy. u__u

afternoon delight has a completely non-pg-13 connotation for me.

sounds good though. :wink:

Geez, it’s less than 60 degrees here, cold and rainy (near Seattle) - where are you?