Derby #46 Cyberpub: Now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night

Mia, from your comment I take it that you successfully helped your grandmother recover. Yay! And I hope you yourself recover soon. You might see a bit for ocean/water in a green derby. They say the sea is green, and there may be a few sea sickness entries. :wink:

Skek! As great as your resub compilation sounds, I don’t think it fits the theme in that it’s supposed to deal with “green” conceptually.

60 F is nice and pleasant.

oooh Seattle. I could go for Seattle weather right now. I am in south central Virgina right now, in the middle of tornado/thunderstorm/heatwave weather messes. Don’t know if you saw the news yesterday this time. mucho strangeness going on a little north of me with hail and funnel clouds. I am about 3 hours southwest of DC. But getting ready to relocate to Monterrey, Mexico- hence the making myself suffer with the 90 degrees rather than getting the AC fixed ROTFL

I’m glad you both recovered. I missed the last few derbies as well. I had the flu. Welcome back us!

Central Alabama here…95 degrees and no rain or break in heat for at least another week. And I really need to wash my car, too. T_T

Central Alberta, 23 C. For all you non-metric Americans, that’s 73 F. Nice and pleasant.

You’re MOVING to Mexico??? Oh my dawg, I would never live there. One exchange student stint there was more than enough, and that was years ago. Not that I didn’t like the people, I certainly did. My host family (actually the entire community) was wonderful and we stayed in touch for a long time. It’s just that the Federales are scary, the cops are so corrupt, and life was just too different for me. I like to drink lots of water and got sick several times from being a bit too careless with things like ice cubes. I just can’t feature ever going back there, though it’s a beautiful country for the most part.

That’s perfect weather. I wish we were having 70 degrees or so. This cold and damp is getting old, fast.

Siesta!

Man… I can’t draw people.

well, she’s still got a bunch of problems, but at 85, she’s ok. she has 5 people coming to the house at least 2x a week each.

I missed you, d! I’m wearing Angry Day as I type. I need a “weepy & lame day” shirt, tho.

i look forward to seeing what you come up with!

and as for weather, it’s under 60 and foggy/misty here. nice that it isn’t actively raining, kids can go out finally

I got it from Istanbul (Not Constantinople), particularly the TMBG version, although it doesn’t matter.

It’s 86 in Michigan right now. :angry:

hmmm, weepy and lame day shirt… I don’t know if woodland creatures would fit for that. Maybe some sea creatures are in order. A sad octopus perhaps, or a jellyfish that’s afraid to go outside.

Enjoy the weather! It’s crunch time when the sun goes down, and I can finally sit at my computer without sweating too much.

that sounds like a wonderful adventure! What are your plans?

tornadoes are my big fear issue, along with flash floods. we’re on an island if there’s a combo of high tide with heavy rain.

Massachusetts isn’t a big tornado place though. I dealt with that issue more in Texas

Well I know, silly. My brain just makes random associations like that. I kind of live in my own little Family Guy episode, but hopefully less obnoxious, vapid and predictable.

It’s hot. It’s Vegas and it’s June. Although yesterday it rained a little and we had some really horrible wind that closed the airport for a bit. That was exciting.

Who cares, at this rate you’ll soon be winning derbies like Cho or Gentry.

That song immediately got stuck in my head when I saw the Cyberpub title. l o l

Good! I put it in there because it randomly got stuck in my head this morning in the shower. I haven’t heard it in AT LEAST a week. -_-;

Quick sketch…

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/7497/monsterqz1.gif

It’s the green-eyed monster gone soft (thus the eyes aren’t green). Also, it looks like he’s going to make a friend. He’s new to that. You might say he’s… green.

I don’t really like the little girl though. Any thoughts?

Well, a little refining should help - she’s cute and you can tell what’s going on. What if you put her up on something, like a kitchen chair, so she’s at hand-to-paw level with the monster and it’s reaching for the bouquet? Would that movement make it a bit more dynamic, or just clutter it up?

Sir,

Your derby career is on an exponentially rising upward trajectory. Beware, woe be unto those who listen to me! Doom, DOOM I say, will you meet.

Anyhoo, how about a super deformed style for the girl?