Derby #470: Trees and Leaves

Dang there are a lot of entries this derby.

Anyone else see a lot of Groot shirts coming?

I don’t want to sound stupid but is the next derby for soccer? Because AFC means soccer in the UK!

no, it means american football.

You guys are amazing. There are some really beautiful designs this week. A part of me wishes that cdrewlow would have submitted that sketch mashup of a tardis-minions-tree because it was pretty funny.

So a few derbies ago I suggested a collab derby and collab daily that we could all do. ADQ and Ocho were awesome enough to talk about it during their awesome podcast (again, if you haven’t listened to them you SHOULD). So I’m hoping to add some more of you to the list! It’ll be fun!

How was everyone’s weekend? Mine was cool. Once again I didn’t get to finish my design, I got a sketch going but we had parents visiting the little guy this week so it was mainly bonding time. We went to the aquarium and the beach which is always fun.

Well, I’ve come to terms with the idea of some collab work and I’d like to add my name to the list. I’m not sure how helpful I can be being that I’m working crazy hours right now and its likely to be changing within the next week but I’m totally down with the idea.

Woooo, hi everyone! It’s been awhile since I’ve made a shirt for the derby but I had this cute fall design with my Meeooween cat that I thought would be good for this derby.

haha, awesome! I’ll add you. I know everyone has schedules to navigate but I’m sure once we get a good sized list we can all work it out. So are you down for both ideas? or just one? We got the derby collab with a random artist and the super collab as a daily.

Hello! Looks like you were right! Your design is doing great! So would you be interested in the collab idea we’ve got going on around these parts?

I’d be down for both- I’m currently hard to count on time wise (2 kids, moving, teaching, lot of side projects), but I’ll see what I can manage- :smiley:

So this is what we have so far. Hopefully I haven’t missed anyone, but if I did let me know! And be sure to check out the link I included above or listen to this weeks podcast to get more info on what I’m talking about.

Derby: Collaboration Participant List:
1. MOMOshwing
2. tjschaeffer
3. benjaminleebates
4. krittikae (Not sure if you meant derby, daily or both)
5. jnolen85 (Not sure if you meant derby, daily or both)
6. oakenspirit

Daily: Collaboration Participant List:
1. MOMOshwing
2. benjaminleebates
3. krittikae (Not sure if you meant derby, daily or both)
4. jnolen85 (Not sure if you meant derby, daily or both)
5. oakenspirit

Sweet! It’s all good oaken, I’m sure once we get this idea off the ground we’ll all be more than happy to find a way to make it work.

I’m glad you liked it, momo! I wanted to finish it, but my real job got in the way.

Man, please feel free to send that in for our daily review if/when you finish it. At the very least I’d love to see it!

I’ll do both MOMO. All or nothing right? :smiley:

Both - because I work two jobs, one boring but great, the other busy and sucky. This is my outlet to enjoy myself!

Sorry, currently I’m a bit behind on a bunch of real life stuff. Maybe next time.

It sounds like a fun project though.

I’d be interested in both, though I have some definite time constraints with work and some weeks just aren’t possible. But if I can time-wise, I think it would be fun!

I admit, I might have missed someone else suggesting it, but one option to deal with compensation for the daily collab would to designate some a charity or something that would get all the proceeds.