Derby #48 Cyberpub: Follow the white rabbit

So, flies on a shirt… like this? I’m not sure what color to make the stain… went with “mustard”

300x300

http://shirt.amakihi.org/fly600.jpg[/img]

Didn’t even think of a stain! Nicely done. And sub the spider one too, of course.

Thanks! You like the color of the stain? Or the shirt? Originally had it on cranberry… The nice thing about this design is it looks good on every shirt color except orange, black and navy. Want me to give the bed thing a try?

You should choose shirt and stain colour yourself, based on what you like and what you think the voters would like. I was going to suggest going with a lighter shirt colour so the stain would look more realistic, but the flies are cartoony so that isn’t really necessary.

I have an artistic friend trying it, but I don’t know how far she’ll carry it. Also, she’s not doing the same type of bug. If you have free time, I wouldn’t mind seeing your version of my nightmarish vision.

My actual idea was to have a kid sitting up in a daze, woken up from the rearing of the bed bug.

This place seems awfully quiet for a Thursday night.

I had a variant of this in the sleep derby (nightmare). What I would do is keep the legs and bed like it was, but curl the jaws and head so it comes up from the back and looks down on the poor kid. That way you could just have the head of the kid facing the viewer, and the face of the bug looking down at both the kid and the viewer. Easier to emote a bug than a kid, to me. I’m working on shirt C, so I might get to revising your design on Saturday.

Just me and eHalcyon (and you) it seems.

People must have better things to do when it gets warm outside. I swear when it was cold outside (up north-it’s never cold here) the derby threads were busy

It’s been awfully quiet for several weeks. I know the reason too - you’re not here. You are the life of the party. Since you’ve gone on semi-hiatus, everyone is just sad and depressed. COME BACK SCHROBBLE.

That’s a good idea… I’ll see if I can try it again later. I’m working on a sickeningly cute design right now that I think should do well. I’m also having fun with pen-pressured strokes instead of my usual one-width style. After this, I have another idea I’ll need to try.

I’m going to be in and out… I should have eaten dinner an hour or two ago…

I’m surprised too. Usually there’s some chatter in this thread, but maybe people are busy designing. I personally want to bring back a spider design I used, but since I like the double-sided treatment I gave it on my Spreadshirt store (below), I’m considering it retired from Woot.

Go eat. I decided to use the yellow shirt on the fly design, btw. I myself am off to finish up my third design (need to sketch and scan, which means rebooting the computer to re-enable the SCSI scanner).

What no movie quote posting when I’m not here or something? I’m having beer for dinner. I was busy working on my house tonight and didn’t have time to eat and now its too late, if I eat it will instantly convert to extra fat. But its never too late for beer.

I like that fly shirt you are working on. I think eHalcyon is right about the stain color. Maybe something like what you did on the pocket fish shirt.

I didn’t realize that was you who made that Texas shirt. Do you have an affinity for Texas or is it meant to be sarcastic?

I eat late all the time and yet I am ridiculously light. Ridiculously. I have a very high metabolism. When the metabolism dies, I will be very large. :tongue:

Right… I’m going to go eat now then. Back later. Schrobble, you stick around!

Yeah, that will change. I used to play football so eating tons was necessary to even just maintain my weight, which led to very bad eating habits which are hard to break. Beefcake!

Thanks for the props on the fly design. It might end up being a decently scored entry. Though some hyper-realistic or hyper-cute entry will prolly win. Yeah, I made the Texas shirt. Was simply a comment on how Texas considers itself above the rest of the states. Neither meant as as affinity or sarcasm- just something I thought looked cool and had meaning.

Here’s the fly in lemon, plus my third (a resub from the spring derby with some changes):

http://shirt.amakihi.org/fly_lemon600.jpg

http://shirt.amakihi.org/bee600.jpg

Hah! That’s funny. I just finished a Manhattan, so with the light dinner I had and my newly light weight (also fast metabolism coupled with strenuous exercise the last few weeks), I’m feeling pretttttyyyy gooooodddd…

Texas is below all the other states map-wise, but yeah we are totally above all other states. We used to be a country you know. ha ha ha. I would probably move back to Washington if my wife would agree to it, but she won’t.

Maybe everyone’s just been holding their maps upside-down and South should actually be considered up.