Derby #51 Cyberpub: The Preemptive Strike!

Not until the official coincidence week ends… so Saturday night/Sunday morning, 12:00am central?

I HAVE A WOOT ACCOUNT AND AM POSTING ON THIS THREAD!!!

I AM A ROBOT IN A RABBIT’S FORM HELL BENT ON DESTROYING EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING THAT STANDS IN MY PATH TO FREEDOM (pretty much everybody)!!!

I TYPE IN ALL CAPS!

Oh haha, I am dense. I thought you were referring to the sudden activity in all the threads.

I think the best advise for poster design is to look at a lot of it and get inspired. GigPosters.com is a great place to start.

Since you work with vector illustrations a lot, it might be a good opportunity to try something totally different- focusing on typography, photography, collage or gradients of color. Have fun and experiment, it’s the best way to learn :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link!

Actually, I don’t work with vector illustrations at all. I want to learn Illustrator since it would match my style better, but I haven’t yet. All my work is in Photoshop. Yay raster? :tongue:

The vector-ish designs I’ve done for the derby are actually not representative of my experience. Since I started with web design, I’m better with photoshop filters and layer effects like bevels and shadows and such. :slight_smile:

I WILL STOP NOW!! I BLAME THE PILLS I TOOK AFTER LUNCH!!

James Cho.

Pills? Nobody told me there were pills.

They mash them into your food so you don’t notice.

Hmm…I thought my chicken sandwich tasted funny…

Well can they at least slip me something to wake me up?

so…how come skek is over here posting while those of us over in PWA are worried about him. sheesh Skek.

You have to say it three times in a row.

Well, it was worth a shot.
I just got called “ma’am”. I’m not a “ma’am” yet. At all.

Sir?

Moreso than many.

When people call me sir at work I tell them “please, call me Willy”

OH NOES! IT LET ME WRITE IT!!!

Willy isn’t your name, is it?