Derby #54: The Old West, Coming August 1

I’m planning on making this now. Who wouldn’t want a zombie cowboy shirt. Maybe It’ll be riding a rocket!

Don’t I remember a zombie cowboy shirt from Woot’s past? Seems like it was black on olive green. I can’t even remember if it was printed or not though…sorry…I will see if I can find it.
Edit: here is the one I was thinking of. Sorry Schrob I just hate it when people spend a lot of time on something that could get rejected, although your idea may be totally different.

I wonder how much I’d have to rework my Snake Oil shirt from consumerism to get it past the rejectors… hmmm… ponders.

Thanks for the concern and for your honest attempt to help, but I was totally kidding. I haven’t designed anything in a couple of months now. Sorry my joke wasted your time.

Oh hahaha no problem. I didn’t realize you weren’t designing…You should get back to it! Come on, submit to peer pressure. Doo eeet!

Sooner or later I’ll get some more free time and get back into it.

As a transplant to northern Nevada, I love this derby. Please, someone, tackle The Donner Party, see if you can get a cathouse by the rejecterator and don’t forget this famous pair:

http://www.associatedentertainment.com/aec/images/main/Richard-Lewis.jpg

Donner Party! Good choice! I remember once watching a fascinating video about them in History class in high school and telling my family about it over dinner at a Chinese restaurant. Of course, someone asked us to stop talking about it, so of course that’s our favourite dinner conversation now: cannibalism =D

Dinner must be fun at your house! :smiley:

Yeah, I’m still a little disappointed that my entry got rejected while these two made it into the fog with far more text than mine had.

We are a fun bunch. =D

Ha, I was actually just thinking about mentioning that, since we drove by Donner Pass in CA this past weekend. I bet someone could come up with an amusing design for that…

it’s either the derby or conceiving children.

You’re more right that even you know. And, I do think you got that info from an accurate source.

I would love it if designers took a new look at the west instead of cactus’ and bones idea that you see so very often. Lewis and Clark, Oregon Trail, California Gold Rush, mountain men…I could create a huge list. There is a history in the west - people just don’t seem to learn a ton about it in school. I’m curious what “old west” is considered. If you take it back to the mid 1860’s you could get dinosaur bone discovery in eastern Utah and western Colorado. The formation of Yosemite National park happened a little later. Railroads could come into play too.

One of my favorite xkcd’s…

BHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!! Nice one, Red! =D

I was thinking something along the lines of a bird silhouette fleeing a tree silhouette with a hangman’s noose on a branch… you can never have enough silhouettes!

I wonder if anything related to Back to the Future would work.

AMEN to that!