Derby #60 Cyberpub: Parting is such sweet sorrow

Say anything, right? Just be nice about it! As always, friendly derby discussion is welcome too. :slight_smile:

Jules: Well, the way they make shows is, they make one show. That show’s called a pilot. Then they show that show to the people who make shows, and on the strength of that one show they decide if they’re going to make more shows. Some pilots get picked and become television programs. Some don’t, become nothing. She starred in one of the ones that became nothing.

Jules: Hey kids! How you boys doin’?
[to man laying on the couch]
Jules: Hey, keep chillin’. You know who we are? We’re associates of your business partner Marsellus Wallace. You do remember your business partner don’t you? Let me take a wild guess here. You’re Brett, right?
Brett: Yeah.
Jules: I thought so. You remember your business partner Marsellus Wallace, don’t you, Brett?
Brett: Yeah, yeah, I remember him.
Jules: Good. Looks like me an Vincent caught you boys at breakfast. Sorry about that. Whatcha havin’?
Brett: Hamburgers.
Jules: Hamburgers! The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast. What kind of hamburgers?
Brett: Ch-cheeseburgers.
Jules: No, no no, where’d you get 'em? McDonalds? Wendy’s? Jack in the Box? Where?
Brett: Big Kahuna Burger.
Jules: Big Kahuna Burger. That’s that Hawaiian burger joint. I hear they got some tasty burgers. I ain’t never had one myself. How are they?
Brett: They’re good.
Jules: Mind if I try one of yours? This is yours here, right?
[Picks up burger and takes a bite]
Jules: Mmm-mmmm. That is a tasty burger. Vincent, ever have a Big Kahuna Burger?
[Vincent shakes his head]
Jules: Wanna bite? They’re real tasty.
Vincent: Ain’t hungry.
Jules: Well, if you like burgers give 'em a try sometime. I can’t usually get 'em myself because my girlfriend’s a vegitarian which pretty much makes me a vegitarian. But I do love the taste of a good burger. Mm-mm-mm. You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in France?
Brett: No.
Jules: Tell 'em, Vincent.
Vincent: A Royale with cheese.
Jules: A Royale with cheese! You know why they call it that?
Brett: Because of the metric system?
Jules: Check out the big brain on Brett! You’re a smart MF. That’s right. The metric system. What’s in this?
Brett: Sprite.
Jules: Sprite, good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down?
Brett: Go right ahead.
Jules: Ah, hit the spot.

Jules: The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(from Pulp Fiction on imdb.com)

Up next: Derby #60: Autumn
Trying to dig out your fall-themed Woot shirt from last year? Let us save you the trouble. It’s time again to commemorate that most brisk of seasons, autumn. Sure, it’s about leaves changing color and falling off - but it’s also about the chill in the air, the brave but melancholy sunlight, harvests of apples and squash and corn. Looking beyond the trees might just lift your design above the leafy masses.

No resubmitted designs allowed, including those that have been altered enough to be acceptable in a typical Derby. We’re looking for new designs. If so much as a single leaf is the same from your design last year, it will be rejected. We’ll need your help on this one, tattlers. Here’s the link to last year’s fall Derby again.

No designs dealing with Halloween, Thanksgiving, Election Day, or other specific occasions.

And finally, no text.

That’s what I get for getting ready to add a smart-a** comment in the earlier derby thread and see this thread show up…

I remember my entry from last year. It was one of my better efforts:

http://s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/kenney9226/Time_to_harvest_the_ripe_puckers-jiyjnj-s.jpg

“Time to Harvest the Ripe Puckers”

Thanks guys!

Anything to help :slight_smile: I need something earthshattering to come to me to enter this contest though. I am entering a contest for a CD cover of an artist I love, and that’s where my spare time is going this weekend.

I wasn’t here for the Fall derby last year. Looking forward to some good new designs! :slight_smile:

what you will get are leaves. lots and lots of leaves.

first page and the cyberpub is already out of gas!

You killed it.

My entry from last year:

http://shirt.amakihi.org/leafmonster.jpg

Wow, my skills have definitely gone up.

mine haven’t!

… unless creepiness counts.

mine neither!!

…but the annoyance factor is skyrocketing!!

Woot is great for improving creepy skillz.

For kenney- the last half an hour of voting had a pucker voting spike… and lookie, all us EBWers at the top of the hotness!

http://www.amakihi.org/leidpucker.jpg

i didnt get a voting spike. :frowning: i dont think i ever even make it into the hotness!

I thought the best part of my entry this time was the name.

It was inspired by the lyric in “Werewolves of London:”

Little old lady got mutilated late last night…

Mr. 1, I am sorry your pandabear wasn’t there. You CLEARLY wuz robbed!

My other entries didn’t make it for very long if at all either (I loved the fruit going to the luau design, but it didn’t do very well).

But the best line is His hair was perfect

such a great song.

well, I got nothin’.

someone’s already drawn an autumn panda.

bigoo.ws"

i need a new meme.