Derby #66 Cyberpub: Berrries and creme, berries and creme

Say anything, right? Just be nice about it! As always, friendly derby discussion is welcome too. :slight_smile:

By the way, did you see there’s a woot off? ^_~

Up next: Derby #66: Versus

At a time when we’re all caught up in the divisions and rancor of this election, it’s helpful to take a moment and remind ourselves of all the other things that divide us. Where have you gone, boxers vs. briefs? Say it ain’t so, faith vs. works. Come back to the five and dime, irresistible force vs. immovable object. This week, we’re looking beyond the mercifully waning campaign season at other dualities in man, nature, and the universe. Show us two opposing entities locked in battle, standing in sharp contrast, or sitting on opposite sides of the fence. They can be as abstract and general or as concrete and specific as you want. I say yin, you say yang - let’s call the whole thing Derby #66.

Your title should be "(one thing) vs. (another thing)", so we know what you’re getting at. And both sides should be depicted on your shirt. If your title is “Being vs. Nothingness”, there better be some prominent empty space in your design.

No depictions of politicians or other actual people allowed. We’re expanding our usual “no celebrity likenesses” rule to include political figures, who are usually fair game. More general political statements are OK.

We’re running low on both our enthusiasm for, and our stock of, olive and asphalt shirts, so no asphalt or olive shirts this week.

And finally, no text.

I think this theme has potential. Which means I’ll probably like several of the designs, none of which will fog. Oh well, I’m sill un-jaded enough to look forward to seeing what people come up with.

On another note, I’m excited about getting the Bandolier of Carrots shirt! :smiley:

geez louise, didn’t i just run a dodgeball contest by that title a coupla weeks ago?

Hey, wasn’t this a dodgeball contest a year or so ago?

No and No.

Neither was on a shirt… without text. :slight_smile:

I’m thinking of Dark vs. Light…

apathy vs. indifference … meh, i don’t care any more.

I’m thinking of T-rex vs. meteor.

and Domo Kun vs Kitty.

Yes! :slight_smile:

Hehe…not only did I get a Bandolier of Carrots shirt, I got a Bandolier of Carrots too! This has been a great Woot-Off! :smiley:

If I have the time, I’m gonna draw up my Comedy vs Tragedy sketch again and adapt it for a shirt. :slight_smile:

make them both fence sitters and put it on a shirt and I’ll vote for it.

Not sure how one could convey apathy and indifference, but it’s a great idea if you can find a way to execute it. Go for it, no1!

Here’s my design so far. Comments? Things need fixing or suggestions for making it better? Shirt color is also under review… surprisingly cranberry looks pretty good.

http://shirt.amakihi.org/chicken_vs_egg600.jpg

Neat idea!

I don’t really know much about chicken anatomy, so feel free to ignore me if you looked this up and I’m wrong…but the top part of the chicken’s head looks rather small in proportion to his body. I think maybe it’s supposed to stick out more forward?

Probably should. Thanks! Just checked on google images, and maybe a tad. Should make the face red too, since most roosters apparently have the comb going into the crop. Color of shirt OK?

Before y’all start in on me, ;^) (not that you would!) I don’t want to hear how domo kun is owned by someone. OK? This is a parody, mainly of the FARK parody, since it is really the kittens getting their revenge on the monsters, who ain’t so tough after all.

Other than that, what do you think? Lots of fake halftones, which are all at least 1 point in width, so big enough for woot to print.

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1169/domovskittenshirtyt8.jpg

I think it looks just fine on the blue. I’m bad at picturing designs on other colors, so I wouldn’t be able to tell you if another color is better without seeing it.

The copyright question is for Woot to answer, so I don’t go there. I think the design is cute. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

… meh. running low on motivation. its a battle of apathy vs indiff.