Derby # 663: ROYGBIV

[derbysummary=673][/derbysummary]

I notice a lot of people did their design in color order. Wouldn’t that still be a rainbow? Or were you asking not to specifically have the curved rainbow :rainbow:?

I would have preferred one of my designs in rainbow order, but I didn’t want it rejected.

As I understood it. Fishbiscuit’s READ shirt is the only one that could get rejected. The joke relies on the concept of a rainbow. The color order should not cause rejection alone, the derby is called ROYGBIV, it implies an order. IMHO

A RAINBOW is a thing.
Rainbow ordering of colors is a completely different thing.

I don’t think they will reject anyone in the ROYGBIV derby if they include their colors in the ROYGBIV order—as long as they haven’t made a representation of a rainbow.

That’s my take, for what it’s worth.

Yeah, that’s what I was weary of. My Reading Rainbow shirt would have made more sense in color order, but I didn’t want it to lose.

Yup, I interpreted it as no actual curved rainbow thing. The theme does imply using color order is fine.

My design is about reading and books. :slight_smile: Anything else is purely coincidental.

The Woot-gods of old would not yield to your blasphemous acts. They would smite thee and all your acts of flippancy. (the new woot-gods are just monkeys, literal monkeys, I’ve seen them… the drive around woot head quarters in their little cardboard box car)

I am highly satisfied with the new literal monkeys. I’ve suffered many unjust rejections in the past. Am I still bitter? No. No, of course not.

You guys playing cards? :slight_smile:

In the discussion thread for last Derby they clarified that this was Ok:

Can I assume the WONDER part of this next contest is open to WONDERful interpretation?

Does the description imply a requirement that the design reference a giant statue or otherwise previously listed official Wonder of the World?

I think one you have a wonder of the world (current or from the past) incorporated in some shape or form, it’s fine!

It said that you could make up your own…

I notice a lot of people did their design in color order. Wouldn’t that still be a rainbow? Or were you asking not to specifically have the curved rainbow :rainbow:?

I would have preferred one of my designs in rainbow order, but I didn’t want it rejected.

As I understood it. Fishbiscuit’s READ shirt is the only one that could get rejected. The joke relies on the concept of a rainbow. The color order should not cause rejection alone, the derby is called ROYGBIV, it implies an order. IMHO

A RAINBOW is a thing.
Rainbow ordering of colors is a completely different thing.

I don’t think they will reject anyone in the ROYGBIV derby if they include their colors in the ROYGBIV order—as long as they haven’t made a representation of a rainbow.

That’s my take, for what it’s worth.

Yeah, that’s what I was weary of. My Reading Rainbow shirt would have made more sense in color order, but I didn’t want it to lose.

Yup, I interpreted it as no actual curved rainbow thing. The theme does imply using color order is fine.

My design is about reading and books. :slight_smile: Anything else is purely coincidental.