Derby #68-69 Cyberpub: What's in a name?

I haz hopez dat now dat Obama iz pres we will has redistribution of votes! so all of uz comes out even in 354 way tiez every derby, and free woot shirtz will be given to allz by repealing the capital gainz tax on all those making over 250k… no… 150k… no… its 75k now… no. by confiscasting the 401k’s of al americans to provide a chicken in every pot, a car in every garage, and a woot shirt on every back!

my 401k is about worth a t-shirt. if i hury.

I got that in the last do-over derby, when they put in my entry from the slogan derby. as if there was any chance of any design from there being voted up.

oh well, it did get me a free shirt. unless they expire, because I haven’t used it yet.

mine was.

Seems like I should have a third place for Duct Tape Man. I guess that was before he started keeping track.

Oh, well, I’m not really complaining. I was meaning to make a joke about being a negative version of Patch, that was all.

i think you’d have to start with nicer looking b00bs.

hey dr. j, i seem to recall you have an intuos, possibly an intuos 2. do you have a widescreen display on your computer? i was thinking of trying to pick up a used intuos 2 on ebay, but i was wondering how they mapped the squarish older tablet to the newer wider aspect ratio of newer computer displays.

I think they already have the Intuos3?

yes, but the price of each model seems proportional to the version number.

edit: …raised to the power of the version number.

Votes for edgar!

I have an Intuos 3, its shape is right for the wide letterbox monitor I have. Wife and I agreed to buy the older model, but she surprised me last yr on my birthday with the 3. I don’t really think for what I do that it has much if any advantage.

edit: so, I don’t know what they do. I’m sure there must be a driver for it though. have you googled or gone to their website to see?

I already voted for Edgar. several Edgars.

This is like the TGentry Edgar McCherly von Monkey derby for me.

and Patch, of course.

no, i thought it’d be easier to ask you.

actually i think i read somewhere you can pick either to use just part of the surface or to map the surface to the mismatched aspect ratio. but i might have misinterpreted that, which is why i ask.

anyhoo, i may or may not try to ebay an old one. my interest waxes and wanes.

i’m not sure what it is that you do… do you draw by just setting endpoints and letting your software draw the line in between? try drawing in strokes instead, like a paintbrush! u mite like it.

no I draw as if I’m using a fine pencil. It is a great way to draw. Using the brushes like you are talking about works great in Painter, which came with it, and almost as well in Photopaint, but it is really hard for me to do in Corel Draw- it tends to crash every 10-12 strokes. I need to update the software.

i’m really getting annoyed with my crappy off-brand tablet. i don’t know if the wacoms do this… probably not, since the pens are batteryless… but i think the stylus goes into power-save mode or something, even in the middle of my drawing something, where the system doesn’t react to stylus motion any more. i have to re-tap the end of the stylus (which signals the stylus to start working), which kind of ruins the continuity of whatever it was i was drawing.

sometimes the motion of the cursor will become very herky-jerky, as if the computer was checking the stylus position only every few seconds (instead of every few microseconds or whatever). i wonder if my computer was deciding to run an antivirus scan or something in the background. whatever, it’s hard to draw then, too.

i should just go back to real pencil and paper.

and just draw for my own grins. bah! the outside world

:wah:
(click the face)

I’ve been drawing pencil lately, for a submission I have planned (for elsewhere). I’ve finished drawings, now I have to put them together, scan, and colorize.
This is one of a bunch.
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7818/yinyangantfightut4.jpg
red ant on left, black on right.