Derby #72: Book Titles Re-Interpreted

Wow, I’ve already come up with 13 different ideas to try to narrow down. There are so many I’d like to do. I’m a classic literature nerd. :slight_smile:

That’s almost every derby entry every week

Are comic “books” allowed? i hope so.

Don’t know if I suggested this. I thought I did. Either way, I’m looking forward to seeing the entries for this one. Good luck!

I’m an avid reader, though I mostly stick to the Fantasy genre. I’ve got 5 on my list (plus 3 more if series names are allowed). My last day of classes was yesterday and my first exam is on Tuesday, so I might enter this week… but I’ll probably find myself unable to muster anything worth posting. :tongue:

“our dumber voters”

Funny!

First time for everything - I kid, I kid. You know I love ya. And, as has been said, Amazon you can go to in your jammies.

I’ve been to a nunnery, they are actually pretty fun.

Good luck in this derby all, as an avid reader I am very much looking forward to it!

good luck on the design, e (and the finals!)

Are we allowed to use part of the title or does it have to be the entire official title of the book? Maybe it can just fall under the category of “misinterpret” :stuck_out_tongue:

Well this will allow for some fun ideas… and also some crappy ideas… please no hair coverd flower pots people!

And yes I would also like to know if short stories count?

Well there goes my idea

If I were an artist I would do Cat’s Cradle

Probably Niven and Pournelle’s “The Gripping Hand” is a bad idea.

I expect to see a hirsute man putting plants into pots…

I hate though when people turn things into just a dumb pun. That was a great story. Also, love “The Unbearable Lightness of Being”. I can visualize that one. Actually, Von Monkey does those types of design really well.
Marquez has some good book titles.
e.e. cummings - Tulips and Chimneys (does poetry count?)

I know… and the worst thing is that woot voters encourage that! lol

OHHH! I call dibs on “Ethel the Aardvark Goes Quantity Surveying”

Heh, who doesn’t love Monty Python!

Damnit, that was my first idea.

Alas, I cannot draw, but does anyone want to do “Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance”? Include the mountain as metaphor in it, cuz that was my favorite part of the book. I would buy a thousand of those.

Edit: I’m afraid this is going to be one of those derbies that gets me all unreasonably upset. I hope there aren’t too many punny shirts. It’d be awesome if the designs actually had something to do with the book other than the title. Literacy FTW!