Derby #73: Optimism

Oh god lumy… draw it… please!!! ROFL

I know all about the bills… you should see what I have to take care of now. ::sighs::

I hear you. Maybe I’ll try and be optimistic about getting a shirt printed this derby to take care of some of those bills. A little motivation…

If I win this week (slim tho that may be), that’s where it will all go to. I’ve missed out on a new couch two times now because of a stupid ex-boss and bills.

Now that is messed up. seriously.
But it’s given me another idea!!! Mwahahaha
Thank God for coffee.

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/1976/onionheadshirtwa6.jpg

I doubt you can beat me on that… I have a mortgage, a wife full time in school, a kid and two roommates that don’t pay rent!!

Absolutely! Shirt.woot to save Christmas FTW!!!

I see what you did there. :wink:

I think the sun from youbetchucan might make an appearance, but this time (s)he will cheerfully be beating up a gaggle of storm clouds as a sunflower and ball player looks on. Hopefully it will be the magical combo of cuteness and violence that’s such a big hit around here… =D

Shirt color- dare I say… heather gray =O

There’s an already existing, really cool Half-Full glass design at Threadless. Pessimistic or Optimistic? | Men's T-Shirt Regular | Threadless Artist Shop I was thinking of something similar to this but now I won’t. Just wanted to save others the frustration of the rejectorator.

No WAY!!! I love onions!!! And copyrighted images!!!

Here’s an idea that I’m placing in the public domain (since I don’t have art skills):

The scene is in profile. On the right is a bear, standing with its front paws outstretched, and growling. On the left is a group of people in suits, running away screaming. In the middle is one person, facing the bear and holding a bouquet. At the end of each stem in the bouquet is paper money, rather than a flower.

Fun little allusion to the stock market :slight_smile:
Even if it wouldn’t work as a shirt, maybe it will help get the creative juices flowing.

I’ve got only one idea so far… but man, I could seriously use text on it.

Grumble… Wonder if I can use scribbles that approximate “text” without them being “text”…

Sure! As long as it doesn’t look like text at all, you should be good.

Example:

:slight_smile:

Aw, man… it’s a pretty cool one too. :slight_smile:

We’re more in the same boat than you may think (sans the kid). I’ve got two words: Consolidation Loan
I just got my xmas funds cut in half from the half that I THOUGHT I had. I’ve got slim pickin’ for things this year. And sadly, $10 broccoli shirts weren’t gonna cut it. XD

So yeah, a little woot moola would be good this year.

lol! I just did refi the house and consolidated a bunch of stuff with it… that’s funny :smiley:

i wonder… would it be possible for the winning designs to actually be optimistic? no sarcasm, no hidden meaning. i would love to see a bunch of designs that actually do make me not want to kill myself. that would be nice.

That won’t happen… you best go and end your life now… its not worth the wait.

Okay, now that it is out my system, perhaps I can think of a happy puppy shirt… or happy puppy playing with happy babies while eating icecream on a merigoround!

Doubtful, but you could be optimistic that something will please you?

I see bunnies and penguins dancing with wolves and polar bears. Yes, and they are all babies.