Derby Color Choices changed

Hey Guys,
Just wondering if anyone else has had woot change the shirt color for their derby entries before? Mine was changed from a black in my derby entry and print art submission to asphalt.
Shirt Sale
Derby Link

I’m not an artist, and I’m trying to recall if such has happened before, but it’s way too early here (4 am) and my memory isn’t working.

Maybe send Mike or Ocho an email?

Hello!
Sometimes a shirt color is changed if an art director is concerned about a color not showing up on a darker blank, like black ink on asphalt tee or something like that. I’m not sure why the shirt color was changed with this design. It could be that an art director’s monitor is unusually crappy and should be calibrated.

I’ve had it happen to me a few times. My Gluten shirt was in the derby as asphalt, but woot ran it (rightfully so) as slate. Definitely made the image pop more.

I’ve had several designs on Navy get run on a black blank. Maybe because black shirts sell better?

I’ve come to stop asking and just be happy they’re running my designs.

Good advice right there. I shall take it. :slight_smile:

I actually was happy to see it on asphalt (though I missed that entire derby) because I think there are too many black tees. At least, I should say, too many for ME. And they don’t survive multiple washes as well as asphalt, in my experience. I’m a buyer, though, not an artist, so I can see why you’d be concerned.