Derby entry comments for Derby #114: Cooking

Comments for individual derby entries are placed in this thread.

why can’t I get to the derby? why is this so freakin’ hard for you guys, Woot?

that is so dark, I can’t see what’s next to the cauldron - what am I looking at?

A cat.

Smug pot.:slight_smile:

Same old stuff and how is this related to cooking in any possible way?

This is a design that I submitted late to the BBQ derby… added more detail to the fire logs and fire, changed some of the lines/shadows, added a baby bunny peeping at this big ol’ roast and changed the shirt color.

oooohhhh shine fire oh fire.

Hi guys, I hope you like it!
http://wenceslaoalmazan.com/tshirt/detallegallina.gif

I love it! GMV.

Let’s Bake a Cake!

This is definitely one of your best illustrations. It’s a really nice drawing.

I hope everyone gets it. Votes is welcome. :slight_smile:

Nothing Wasted

Ah, someone explain the significance of this design to me. I can’t quite grasp it.

Just glancing through the derby, and thought I would stop and offer a critique. I don’t know how well certain colors print on dark shirts, but I would have suggested using a slightly more prominent (lighter/brighter) purple color for the cauldron highlights and the cat. He is visible now, but the design is going on a t-shirt (which is viewed many times in passing) rather than it being a print that someone can take the time to look at, so that’s why I suggested that.

When I finished the art last night my family promptly sent me out the door to buy fries!

The greatest night time snack, in the colors I wish they were.

Had so much trouble submitting this week. Could someone let me know if the pictures look right/ if you can see the thumbnail at all?

For good or worse. You are consistent. :slight_smile:

I really like this.