Derby entry comments for Derby #122: Family

lol, who’s the first?

Nothing is more exciting than waiting for your kid to be born. Young and old families alike, always remember those important days. I wanted to do a design suitable for family gatherings, and to include colors for the holidays without offending or not sufficiently supporting PC-ness.

Happy holidays to you and yours, no matter which you might hold dear.

Peace to all!

“Ares, stop fighting your sister. Athena, you should know better than to bug him!” “Hephastus, if you keep running around, your leg will never heal.” “Apollo, I know you like to hold the sun, but let Artemis have a try once and a while.” “Hermes, stay still so we can get this done with.” “Poseidon… POSEIDON!!! You’ve been lulled to sleep by the crashing waves again.” “Demeter, I know that your ‘wheat’ helps Dionysus with his job, but please, not in front of the kids…” “Aphrodite, you look cute enough, please just stay there.” “Okay everyone, on the flash of Zeus’s lightening…”

The happenings of a Mount Olympus Family Photo…

This is definitely my favorite. <3 So awesome.

So who wants to hear about my day? I decided to go to Whole Foods in Miami to use the wifi and sub this. On the way in I get behind this really old lady (a communist for sure) driving SO slow. So I’m polite and keep back a little bit and I follow her into the parking garage. Well she gets to the top of the ramp into the garage and comes to a dead stop. (not needed) Then she proceeds to loose control of her car and roll backwards, down the ramp, until I’m nice enough to “catch” her with my bumper. And I sit there, holding her car, for a good minute until she figures out how to go forward again.

I needed to share that. There’s what I went through to submit this. Hope someone likes it! Oh, and woot causes car accidents. :slight_smile:

this is awesomely clever

That’s kinda hilarious!
You had me worried, Boots. When I saw the thumb I thought it was a ramyb or seki.

… … . . . . .

This is so creative with no words, says it all. Nice work!!

In Every Family there’s always one loner. My family has at least one. They always seem to want to be near the action, but not participate. Ya’ gotta respect their space and give them plenty of smiles and asides throughout the day. It’s up to the group to show the loner the love, and not the other way around.

Happy holidays to you and yours, no matter which you might hold dear.

Peace to all!

So glad you decided on heather. It looks great.

Nice! Gotta love catladies.

Ahhhhh! So much win!

Nice! I like the final version you went with.

LOVE IT!!

great job, Drakxxx!

MARSHA MARSHA MARSHA

FREAKING AWESOME!!!

this will do well !!

I don’t get it. I mean, I think it would be funnier if the bf was a lincoln log or a K’nex piece. Darth Vader doesn’t fit. o_O;

Thanks to evreyone in the forum who provided me feedback for this design. I think I actually put all you suggestions to work in the final peice. :slight_smile:

Here is a link to a larger composition:

Thanks as always guys for your support.