Derby entry comments for Derby #123: Christmas & Holiday Songs Illustrated

Comments for individual derby entries are placed in this thread.

I love Christmas music… I love this song. The first time I heard it, I cried. :frowning:

Listen / Lyrics

“The cat wanted in to the warm warm house,
but no one would let the cat in…”

I WOULD LET YOU IN, KITTY. I WOULD.

Fun Fact #1: When owls fly at night they are nearly silent. Why? Because they have special feathers that are different from other birds. When most birds fly the air rushes over their wings and makes noisy turbulence. But the owl’s trailing feathers have fringes that break up the soundwaves created by this air. Then their downy feathers absorb the rest of the sound.

Fun Fact #2: Owls like to rock it out old school.

Fun Fact #3: Barn owls hate karaoke.

This is basically how I made Santa Claus when I was a kid… I think laser eyes come standard with giant destructive beings.

Edit: to address lyrical concerns I thought I’d further explain my inspiration… The title “here comes santa claus” along with the lines “So jump in bed, and cover your head,
'Cause Santa Claus comes tonight.” brought to mind images of Godzilla and Duck and Cover campaigns. Truly inspired by the song, I can offer no clearer explanation - I hope this helps!

For when people insist you wear a Christmas shirt, but you think that holiday spirit is really tacky. You can explain this one to them.

Also, after Christmas you can take a sharpie and write whatever you want in the bubble. “Ni” if you’re a Monty Python fan. “Go Knights!” if you go to Rutgers (I think). Or just a simple “Poop” if you’re * that* kind of person. :slight_smile:

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree,
Your branches green delight us.
They’re green when summer days are bright;—
They’re green when winter snow is white.
O, Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree,
Your branches green delight us!

I thought of this interpretation of the song when I was working on mine. Glad you covered it since I decided to go in a way more random direction!

INSPIRED BY:
All I Want for Christmas
Is My Two Front Teeth

Five colors on cranberry, I hope yup like it.

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth,
My two front teeth, see my two front teeth.
Gee, if I could only have my two front teeth,
Then I could wish you "Merry Christmas.

So I don’t like many christmas songs but I do love this one. I almost did christmas in hollis but no one at woot likes hiphop and I wanted to do heatmiser but i couldnt think of a way to illustrate it. It’s a shirt for christmas for all the non christmas dorks. So vote and thanks.

Then I hope you’ve seen that Invader Zim episode! This is kind of wonderful.

Oh yeah! “It’s the best time of the year”

Grinch’s Heart on Kelly Green. Represent the Grinch’s heart as portrayed in the popular Christmas song, Mr. Grinch, by wearing this shirt. Or at least gift it to a family member that can better represent it.

cute idea but the halftones are just so not pretty.

As always, great colors. And so cute.

highlarious

This is the classics Alvin and the Chipmunks song “Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don’t Be Late)”- the iconic lines where Alvin constantly begs for a Hula Hoop.

Hope you like it.

I think I’m gonna yarf.

I love the colors.

Lol, Love this shirt!

Thanks boots, also warhol is gonna be on threadless in the next few.