Derby entry comments for Derby #126: Events of 2009 Illustrated

Comments for individual derby entries are placed in this thread.

a tribute shirt to the king of pop.

3 colors on black.

Sure he’s paid the big bucks, and he’s only supposed to be spooning one. But sometimes, there are so many other flavors that you’ve just got to pour milk onto the competition.

This is a spoof on the Japanese guy who married his game character “girlfriend”. Here Fluffy is getting married to his favorite game

I’m still trying to figure out a style. For this one I went with an intentionally scratchy look.

This design is a dramatic depiction of the “Death Certificate” Healthcare ordeal that occurred this past Summer.
Big thanks to cjmason for passing me along the idea, and thanks as always to you guys for your votes and support.

Link to large composition:

This is a spoof on the Japanese guy who married his game character “girlfriend”. Here Fluffy is getting married to his favorite game

I’m still trying to figure out a style. For this one I went with an intentionally scratchy look.

this is one of two octopus illustrations i did, the other one seems to be similar to another shirt design that bass told me about so made this one as a back up!

Great as always…

So in the month of June we lost the Old, the Sick, and the Sudden, But for a limited time only or while supplies last. We got lost the Pitch man ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!

(we did have to pay for shipping and handling, though)

I think this is one of your best linearts. :slight_smile: I also like the colors a lot; I think it could have been too creepy but the color choices made the design more accessible. Good luck!

Brilliant Death Panel! Really like this one, Draxxx.

Was it too obvious to say “Lol cats go to heaven”?

Inspired by 2009 British poet laureate appointee, Carol Ann Duffy’s poem “Warming Her Pearls”. In 2009, Carol Duffy was the first woman appointed to the position in its 341-year history.

i posted this on the forum for feed back and was advised by bass in a PM that a similar shirt exist, hopefully the content of the illustration keeps it from being too similar, anyways i created a 2nd octopus design as a back up, hope you all dig it!

San Diego Zoo panda gives birth to 5th cub

Pandas are not very good breeders and are extremely endangered, so this
is very good news!

Thanks for all the pre-derby feedback everyone!

Very cool Kasey! Best of luck man.

I hope this one sticks around–the other is nice, but it screams ‘In Soviet Russia, Octopus uses YOU for tool’…Not really something I’d wear. This one is great.

great color choices, it really goes well with the design.

FANTASMO!

I hope at least one of these prints. My girlfriend does tech theatre, and she would get a huge kick out of both. But I particularly like the one with eight different tools. Reminds me of her going at full speed.

Tailor Swift is being disrupted by his stupid noisy compass that is strangely always pointing west.

This took WAY to long because I didn’t have internet which meant not references which just exploded the time. anyway I hope the reference is obvious and its 2009ey enough. Thanks doods.