Derby entry comments for Derby #126: Events of 2009 Illustrated

I really like this (and better than the other one). The colors and styling are awesome.

LOL, You rock, man!

god i love keyboard cat

First, I am NOT a fan of Michael Jackson, but this illustration is SO well done, it sure deserves to print.

I like the pen & ink look it gets, and the transition to the music symbols and notes is very smooth and easy. I think it’s not too heavy-handed of a design either, so theoretically a person like me could still wear it without my shirt screaming “Michael Jackson” all over the place :slight_smile:

Hah! Awesome dude. The compass idea is amazing as well.

Yeah, I like the one with 8 tools in each arm too - not to mention what you’ve done with the colors to give it a nice octopussy texture. The other octo design seems kinda militant to me.

Do you have a link to the event that inspired this shirt?

One of my faves from you mr. colors are effin fab.

thanks!

Great message, go pandas! :slight_smile: Good luck in the derby!

Can someone splain me what its about even though i dont care because its neato.

I AM an MJ fan so yes, you can has my vote.

Star Trek was one of the greatest movies in a while – even beyond 2009.

I like this shirt, but would prefer it if he was holding two different tools.

thanks for doing this ski. since mj passed i have looked for a cool tribute shirt, but all looked like cafepress tees.

i really like this, i hope it prints. gmv.

I think this is wonderfully illustrated, Ski!
I knew someone would tackle the MJ death- and was expecting a lot of gloves. Which, I couldn’t picture as very wearable. This, on the other hand, is extremely wearable.
I like it very much, and it has my vote.

On July 8, 2009, what is believed to be the largest dog fighting raid in U.S. History transpired. 407 dogs were rescued from a life of torture and pain.
http://member.hsmo.org/site/PageNavigator/Federal_dog_fighting_case_7_8_09

This is a bit more than incidental text…

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/12/091214-octopus-carries-coconuts-coconut-carrying.html

Great design…