Derby entry comments for Derby #127: Renew

Woot has printed a similar shirt - you may get the axe, sadly. :[

Sometimes it feels like the best way to renew your energy is with a nice hot cup of coffee.

This design shows a cup of coffee and a thermos. The thermos is draw in the style of a cellphones battery indicator. I would have liked to have a + and - sign on the top and the bottom of the thermos, but woot has a history of rejecting mathematical symbols under the no text guide line.

Nice illo.

At least I can rest assured that I’ll be home tomorrow.

Very cool. Sketchy - I like that.

Gorgeous.

Had no idea what it was about in the design thread. It’s awesome though so +1 although i can’t buy it. I was recently informed I wear to much black.

I love dinosaurs too.

This theme was pretty tough for me. I love the 1 color limit though. Hopefully this one isn’t too hard to get but I think this derby could cause a lot of head scratching. So here’s the gist.

The idea is that even in bad times or situations you can find a way to turn it into something positive. Get out of the rut and find new hope. The puppet on the left is down, in the corner, and not in control of his own life. But with a new outlook, he’s facing the other way and turning his prison into his freedom.

Your work with comics shows through here (in a good way). And the idea is funny, too :slight_smile:

This is cute, and I approve of the message. :slight_smile:

It’s probably just on your monitor, looks fine to me. gmv

Circle of cute, on an olive shirt.

A call back to the Cat Puking Kittens character of mine: http://www.ghostcircles.com/dxs/archives/news/cat-puking-kittens/. This is not intended to be a woot reference.

When I saw this in the pre-derby thread, I thought it might be a bit TOO simple a composition.

Seeing it on a shirt as a design though, it looks just about perfect. I like that it’s shaped like a spiral too. GMV, etc. :slight_smile:

Beautifullllllllllllll. The best part (for you) is it will probs print bc it actually is cute and the people that vote don’t even read the comments.

Edit: should have said “don’t even read the comments and realize this is poking fun of them.”

I’m glad you added the other leg - it’s much less awkward to me now. Great drawing :slight_smile:

Still confused…

I’ve had too much kittybarf this week (Porkie tried eating the christmas tree).

But I do like how the expressions on the cats slowly change from “YAY” to “oh god uuuuuuuuuuuugh”

Do really like this one, but me being the giant graphic lover that I am, wish it was humungous on the shirt.

Fungi are one of nature’s recyclers - they metabolize dead organic materials in order to grow, much like the various insects which also play a role in decomposition.