Derby entry comments for Derby #131: Palindromes

Wish you could’ve illustrated the boobytrap better. The pie looks good though.

Really awesome textures!

Race Car.
or if you prefer:
Racecar.

However you spell it, it still spells the same backwards. So as I said:
“Race Car is Race Car backwards.”

Love the colors and you draw mice really well.

Another great design, Tanniver. :slight_smile:

“Panda Had Nap”

An alternative title if we didn’t have the restriction could be “Never pass out around your friends, you’ll end up regretting it”

I wanted to make a panda design since they are so lovable. However I didn’t want to make them extremely cutsie. I opted for a middle ground between cartoony and real. The initial outline for the fuzzballs went very quickly (less than an hour). The tweaking of the colors and textures and deciding on exactly HOW I was going to fill them in took up the other 5.5 hrs.

Where’s my coffee?

haha, yeah, woot may take exception to OJ balls.

This is just genius!

Love how this turned out. He looks so pensive.

Every week, I love you more and more and more. <3

I love his crunchy texture!

I will wear it to honor the recently departed founder of Taco Bell. And because it’s awesome.

Hi everyone, I’ve put a few notes about my shirt here.

1: Apart from the fact that it’s a palindrome, I envisioned this design as showing the type of fungus or mushroom that might grow in a fractal-tree forest. A fractal fungus! :slight_smile: The trees in the background are approxamately fractals as well and I envisioned the log in the foreground as coming from one of them.

2: Yes carf is a word, it’s in the Oxford English Dictionary (I love that book). I’ve posted the definition given there in the shirt comp.

If any goose is able to see god, I doubt it’d be Canadian Geese. Those guys are jerks.

Where was I? Oh yeah. Design looks great. Nice palette and sits well on a tee.

thanks!

I always hated green olives anyway :slight_smile:

Absolutely undeniably stunning.

GMV.

Thank you! I was concerned that rats in space suits might be overly ‘cute,’ but The idea of space rats amused me greatly.

Link to a larger comp here:

I always knew better than to trust a Shih-tzu.

Love his expression of existentialist defeat.

I met him just the other day! That’s me at the bottom. :slight_smile:

DETAIL 1:

DETAIL 2:

DETAIL 3:

Link to large image:

Thanks as always guys.