Derby entry comments for Derby #136: The New Vintage

AAaaaahhhhhh!!! Voltron as lolcats!! I wwwaaannttttttt!!!1

I love this, but I think it would be better without the text.

In fact, I don’t think I would wear it with the text.

Oooohh, very purty! hahah :slight_smile:

Wow. I’m really loving your designs in this derby. I especially like this design. Personally I just wish it was on a different color than creme, because for some reason creme doesn’t look good on me.

Awesome design. Muy bonita.

California*

Darn it, of course it was. I loved that design - sorry, just getting my names mixed up.

I couldn’t understand how this was possibly your first entry anyhow, it’s too good for that. ^____^

It gets a vote from me again this week.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/mattqe/atom-votelink.jpg ‘Atom Bombs cereal - grow inhumanly big and strong!’

If they do that again, without a doubt, I’m in.

You just like to make fun of the less fortunate don’t you? First, the dirty hippies. And now, the poor folks. Who’s next on your list? Sick orphan kids? Or senile old men? What is wrong with you!?!? Hahahah, I joke! :slight_smile:

That’s really kind of you, imsochady.

I get your point about the background. I went with cream because I wanted the shirt itself to feel like it could have been printed way back with fifties technology as a promotional item. Having the content floatin’ on a red shirt could look cool too, but it would modernize it a bit too much.

At least that’s what I was thinking at the time. :slight_smile:

“…like you found it on the dollar rack at Goodwill…”

when i say a sad design, i mean emotionally sad. So this design is too sad for me to wear. He’s gonna blow up =[

Hey thx! but you know… I like cream on my coffee :))

Yeah! California… girls, donuts, beach, biquini, american… got it?:)))

I’d certainly buy this.

sick dude. simply sick. (in a good way).

Sweeeet! Really appreciate it! Thanks!

The design is hilarious, and the -1954- part, though small, really helps the overall design. I also agree though, that the squareness of the box is a bit too much. I wouldn’t suggest having some dumped out, because then the box is sideways (not as readable). maybe with a tray saying “part of this balanced breakfast” with a glass of OJ and some toast or something. Just a thought.

Draxxx . . . words cannot describe it. Colorful, poppin’, vintage, yet very dark (in the movie, scary, eyes-glued-to-the-TV in suspense feel). Well done. GMV fo-sho.

love this shirt i want one, even more i want to get one for my best friend he can solve those cubes in 2 min :slight_smile: