Derby entry comments for Derby #149: Psychedelia

Nice execution. I have a friend who would go mad over this! GMV

Not quite as memorable a song by not quite as memorable a band. It would probably be much more fun to live in a blimp though. More room, less dark, fresh air. It might actually be pretty fun.

Well, this is about as on-theme as anyone is going to get.

Amazing illo, alex! +1

WOW!!!

What a perfect execution! I :heart: it!

Lovely colors too. You always bring great creative ideas to the derby, Diana! GMV.

:slight_smile:

Woot needs to implement some sort of instant win rule. This is way too good and shouldn’t have to be in a derby. I’d buy 3 today!

Ouch. I think it’s pretty cool but maybe the vector edges on the tree could use some blending and blurring.

I love those little horsehoe eyes. The whole styling and coloring of this is fab!

Easy ★★★★★!

Totally. I started out paining signs (and sucking at it), so I have a real appreciation for great lettering. I think I’d buy your design on the lettering alone.

Groovy. I think I’d like this even more if the lion was sitting with some friends… maybe one with funky stripes, another with funky spots.

As soon as the derby was announced, I couldn’t get the phrases, “free your mind,” and, “open your mind,” out of my head, so I though a literal interpenetration of phrase would be a good way to go.

Hope you guys like it!

So much energy! The multi-colored edges to the atomic halos really amp it up.

Sweet. :^)

Halftone detail:

Awesome job as usual SG!

This MUST print!!!

this is awesome!

Wowie wow wow. Those are some beastly halftones

Click Here For A Closeup