Derby entry comments for Derby #153: Shakespeare

Comments for individual derby entries are placed in this thread.

The full quote…

Hamlet:
“O God, I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a
king of infinite space—were it not that I have bad dreams.”

omg

Through time, the poet’s weapon of choice has changed but the power of their words has not. I hope you enjoy this design as much as I do – I’d really like to wear this!

I just posted this in the other thread ThatRobert - really great! Very sharp, clean and graphical look and the colors work well together.

Team Montague or Team Capulet? Who will you choose?

Team Montague or Team Capulet? Who will you choose?

The Tragic Story of Romeouse & Julirat

A few years ago we lived in a little country house in a small town in Mexico. We had a serious rodent problem, with mice everywhere; on the walls, in the bed in the kitchen…they were everywhere! We ended up having to take extreme measures and we decided to put a glue trap just inside the front door.

When we got home that day, there were three little mice stuck in the same trap, right next to each other. Obviously their end was a little less tragic than the one in this t-shirt…but that’s how I came up with this idea. I hope you like it!

4 colors

The title is a quote from Winter’s Tale.

Always love your style!

Here is featured some of Mr Shakespeare’s Settings and characters.from l to r we have Othello, William Shakespeare (seated atop centaur) Centaur as alluded to by King Lear in act 4 scene 6 -without the female attributes (as per Nathan)then lastly, Shylock. the place is probably Cypress the castle could belong to any of the historical Kings . . .

I like this Robert, I just think I’d like it more without the squares, but great job. BTW nice “To be” ref thrown in there with the pencil.

THIS IS GREAT! Nice use of your style! I could actually see people understanding what this represents… rather than asking why you have two dead mice on your shirt.

Great work as always! GMV.

This is my favorite entry from you, and arguably your best work yet. You deserve the votes with this one! GMV.

They carry the things lovers need. Like poison.

Here’s a better look:

http://www.jewelwing.com/woot/av.gif

…there are others, but this should come in handy for someone in 10th grade Literature:

antony banquo brutus caesar cassius claudius cleopatra cordelia cornwall desdemona duncan edmund emilia eros gertrude gloucester goneril hamlet hector juliet julius laertes lear macbeth mercutio ophelia oswald othello paris polonius regan roderigo romeo siward titinius

This is really good. I hope you start getting some votes, because I am really starting to love your artwork.

Sonnet 73:

That time of year thou mayst in me behold
When yellow leaves, or none, or few, do hang
Upon those boughs which shake against the cold,
Bare ruined choirs, where late the sweet birds sang.
In me thou see’st the twilight of such day
As after sunset fadeth in the west;
Which by and by black night doth take away,
Death’s second self, that seals up all in rest.
In me thou see’st the glowing of such fire,
That on the ashes of his youth doth lie,
As the death-bed, whereon it must expire,
Consum’d with that which it was nourish’d by.
This thou perceiv’st, which makes thy love more strong,
To love that well, which thou must leave ere long.

Checklist:
yellow leaves
boughs
bare ruined choirs (represented by the gothic windows)
sweet birds (cunningly hidden in the tracery, as a reminder that they’ve gone)
sunset fadeth in the west
ashes of his youth (greyness)

First entry, be thou kind

HOORAY, it’s nothing!