Derby entry comments for Derby #153: Shakespeare

To protect her from his Uncle, Hamlet tries to drive Ophelia away by implying that she’s… less than pure. When Ophelia doth protest, he tells her “Get thee to a nunnery.” Which is either saying she’s so sinless that she should be a nun, or doubting her, since “nunnery” is slang for a brothel.

Her boyfriend being so cruel drives her nuts, and either makes her drown herself, or makes her open a nut shop. You be the judge.

I haven’t bought a shirt in awhile, but if this prints I may have to pick one up. I’m finishing up my playwriting MFA and need a writer-nerd shirt. :slight_smile:

Why Thank you kind sir-I think I am starting to like my work a little bit better as well.Thanks for the comment!!!

This is too adorable. I would wear it all the time.

This is cool.

Detail:

All factual information about Shakespeare, his plays and his sonnets… enjoy.

1 color on Navy

Please click here to vote for the one without a typo :slight_smile:

Cantarella I assume.

darn cute

I voted. I love it. But I may not buy one. I’m cocnerned it’s too feminine for a dude.

You’re on fire Robert. I’m enjoying your artwork every week.

Dude, you rock.

You never know what sort of unlikely couples pop up with Puck capering about~

The old English here strikes me as wrong. I think even in the bard’s day, “Thee” would be “Me” in this sentence (assuming that’s what you meant to say). “Thee” refers to the person you’re speaking to, so this shirt reads “Do you know yourself?”, which I’m guessing isn’t what you meant…

Apologies if I’m wrong.

I agree, great style. I also love how the design is squared; it works really well with this piece.

This is really neat, but they might consider it off topic; you can’t really tell it’s about Shakespeare from looking at the shirt. If I were you, I would resubmit right away, and not risk getting rejected and then running out of time.

I would almost vote for it. But alas the distressing ruins it for me.

Thank you very much, Jas!

I thought that subtle “2B” would get unnoticed a bit longer. Good eye! I’d love any advice you’d have about integrating the images together without the squares – I tried lining them up, pointing them at each other, crossing each other, and nothing pulled together quite as nicely as the checkerboard did.

This shirt was made for you. I hope you get a chance to wear it!

Thanks Andy! You’ve had some very nice successes along with me. I’m really enjoying experimenting lately – wish I had a chance to do it more than just once/week!

There is a typo on your pill bottle. It’s “midsummer night’s dreams,” not “midsummer’s night dreams.”