Derby entry comments for Derby #158: Physics

Obviously physics has a LOT to do with gravity. No explanation needed there! This shirt shows the desire to defy gravity in the modern age. This design was a set I did with “Defynig Gravity - Prehistoric.” :slight_smile:

Totally awesome. If this doesn’t print, you need to get it on CafePress for the sole purpose of letting me buy one.

For those who are going… whaaaa? The monkey and the hunter is a classic physics problem where the hunter tries to shoot the monkey out of a tree while the monkey drops out of the tree right when he shoots.

That’s no monkey and I think the hunter made a sorta kinda small mistake.

Details:

My design is supposed to be two positively charged particles in love with one another but the nature of physics is not letting them be together (since likes attract in real life but repel in terms of electricity). The lines around the protons represent the electric field lines used to envision the electric field at any given point in space around the protons and oddly enough create the shape of a heart to emphasize their love. Although there is no “+” sign due to the no text rule this week, the arrows pointing away from the particles conveys enough information that these are indeed two of the same positively charged atoms. Thanks for looking and don’t hesitate to vote!

Awesome! Some of your best work.

This is fabulously done.

hilarious.

This is fantastic! Your flow of motion from the top of the balloon down to the hand is just great. Excellent work!

Oh, yeah, an African swallow maybe, but not a European swallow. That’s my point.

This is really cool! But on the sun snail, are those very fine gradients? It looks like it goes from light in the middle to a bit darker around the edges… :confused: I hope it’s just a trick of my eyes. I wouldn’t want to have it rejected because of too-fine gradients. Voted anyway! :slight_smile:

I love how the clouds look.

no text this derby.

Here’s my physics entry. For those familiar with E&M, the double slit experiment shows the wave nature of light by creating an interference pattern of alternating light and dark bands as a result of shining a laser through two narrow slits.

It may also be used for cooking meat. Maybe. If you have a really ginormous laser. And a good steak. And your adviser is out of town.

I see what you’re saying, sort of. It’s a physics derby, and I used a symbol that says “Physics”. It happens to be an atom, but I can’t imagine atoms are now off limits because there is already a shirt with a stylistically different atom on it.

I was just trying to make a retro style shirt with a physics symbol.

Awesome! voted!

you are so freaking clever! I bet you’d be a blast to hang out with.

Jacob’s Ladders are neat.

glad you chose navy. +1

The uppers and downers of physics.

Please vote!

ahaha! This is cute! But can you do something about the box around the design on the tee mock-up?