Derby entry comments for Derby #160: The End of the World

Is that a fat tie or are you just happy to see me? XD

The more I look at this shirt, the more I really like it. I can even forgive the asphalt color (I have way too many of those.) In my mind, this design embodies everything a woot shirt is all about. It’s funny and it gets the point across well.

Well done - if it wins, I’m in for won.

Fantastic work, love it!

And this is why I stick with Safari. Great design, DianaSprinkle!

Dr. Doomsday McDobad has constructed an army of Kamikaze Botz in an attempt to destroy the world. Sadly, some of the Kamikaze Botz are defective and dumbly run into other Kamikaze Botz, causing a premature detonation. Will he have enough Kamikaze Botz to complete his goal?

…stay tuned!

Side note: I already did an apocalypse type piece for woot awhile back, so I wanted to do something silly and awkward this time around. Also, I was unaware of the heather grey until Jewelwing’s classic (version 1) was rejected… I thought I try it out. Hope you like it!

The splatter is awesome lol Did you drop an egg as an experiment to see how it would fall? xD

Lol, it’s sexy, no?

No, its not a meteor shower, though it may appear that way at first. It’s weird, ball- shape monsters, tearing apart our cities with their tentacles!

This is a re-entry. I first did this for the Cities derby. I can’t help but feel like I am partly to blame for this week’s topic :stuck_out_tongue: So here it is again, but BETTER thanks to last submission’s feedback.

Changes:
-Killed the box and added torn edges.
-Added airflow: the line work is now the color of the T shirt (except for the small, yellow dots to add the classic aged look), and made the clouds a halftone so the shirt is more exposed.
-Added a new highlight color (using the shirts color as the line work gave me a new color to work with…smileyface).

Thanks again to all those who provided valuable feedback the first time I submitted this. Much love!

The world ends with hentai? o_O

No complaints here… xD

Yes, cool idea and very clever construction. :^)

This week is like the opposite of the Earth Day derby. I’m really enjoying all the inventive shirts though!

"Let’s do the panda stomp again!

It’s just a jump to the left! and then a stomp to the right!"

Thanks Spiritgreen! I really love my browser of deadly fire. Falls over. Fire takes forever to color.

Super illustration, specsmachine!

(And high-five for a fellow destroyer of the Washington monument. :D)

Love the style, very appealing

The Earth Killer!

Mr. Moon, take me away!

Drawing: Drakxxx
Colors: CrescentDebris

At the last minute we decided to change the layout of the design from my original drawing, and place more emphasis on the moon.

DETAIL 1:

DETAIL 2:

DETAIL 3:

DETAIL 4:

Thanks as always. :slight_smile:

I was very fond of the separation in your original layout but you’ve both done a wonderful job.

Melancholy and somehow hopeful. :^)

Super cute idea! “I’d want one”

I honestly don’t like this comp nearly as much as the original. The colors are pretty good, but the moon is just killing it for me. When it was up higher the seen just looked so intense and forlorn. Definitely got my vote, but eh, it isn’t nearly as good looking as the original comp. Sort of loses it’s impact. The first image was just so lonely, the moon seems to crowd this and it makes it feel less lonely. That sounds weird, but eh, I can’t explain it any better.

Ah, I thought this was you no1. One of your cutest pandas yet!