Derby entry comments for Derby #171: Meat

Turducken is actually the exact name of a variety of cat food … I had no idea the company uses such rare birds to feed cats!:wink:

Nice textures, especially on the body.

I did this as a pencil sketch earlier on in the year for our dear Miss Jadenkale. I ended up liking it enough to make a shirt design out of it. I don’t really have a deep explanation for it other than it is simply two great things. Mmmmmmm.

I don’t think it absolutely needs the label, but it’s still my early favorite of the designs.

I say the same thing almost every day “Hooray for bacon!” :slight_smile:

Quite hilarious and I like the rounded style of the cute critters.

I try my best to only get meat from Taco Trucks. Oh, they also have menudo on Saturdays and Sundays.

Love how this worked out, thatrobert. Very funny. :slight_smile:

MMMMMM… Chilled Eskimo. That’s the Bear equivalent to cold pizza at 3 am!

6 colors on Heather Gray!

Hope you like it!

A bigger version can me seen on my flickr here:
Imgur

So glad you guys entered this!
I hope it prints!

Yeah, really who doesn’t like bacon?

I like the first version better with a little more understated humor, but this version will probably go over better with a lot of the voters. Nice job either way.

this design is amazing! rock on!

One “Franklin” with extra slaw for me!

Great looking shirt Boots, love the colors. Isn’t Unicorn meat supposed to be tough and gamy though? I guess if it’s highly processed and canned as shown it would make a good sandwich spread.

Formerly “Natural Born Kutlery”. I reworked the layout and very slightly altered the color.

The setting: A guy, a girl, and a large piece of meat.
The scene: The punchline has just been delivered.
What was said just a few seconds ago? It’s up to the viewer to think about what the girl said about the meaty display and therein lies the humor. Whatever it was you know it was funny cause you just came up with it.

I was wondering if you were going to get busted for using a brand name… but you got around that!

Don’t feel bad, Mr. Tree… that kid was no good for you anyway.

Love it, great idea and execution. I love how “less than thrilled” the contributing animals are.

This is a re-imagineering (is that a word?) of my very first shirt.woot entry, the crying creamsicle.