Derby entry comments for Derby #176: Famous Movie Quotes Reinterpreted

Comments for individual derby entries are placed in this thread.

“I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship” (Casablanca).

A Mario/Pac-Man parody.

The plumber’s problem with chain chomps is the solution to the yellow dot eater’s ghost infestation! Stick the chomp in the maze and these heroes can take the day off. Chomps are bigger, tougher eating machines and they don’t even require power pellets.

::fist bump!::

This is five colors on a black shirt. See a BIG VERSION here.

Thanks for looking! :slight_smile: Please vote if you like this design.

—Spiritgreen

“I wish I knew how to quit you.”

In tribute of the recent passing of the great Leslie Nielsen. Thanks for the laughs, and don’t call me shirley.
“The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone. The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone.”

Collab with Odysseyroc. :slight_smile:

“Let’s be bad guys” is a line Jayne Cobb says in the movie Serenity.

From Goonies:

“You know Sloth, if you sit too close to the TV, you’re going to hurt your eyes.”

What movie is this from?

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
(Back to the Future)

5 colors on light blue.

Wanted to do a design for the kids this week, or the kids at heart.

The greatest union ever. They didn’t even have to say hello.

“Well, nobody’s perfect.” - Osgood Fielding III, Some Like It Hot

When I was looking through the top 100 movie quotes list and I came across that quote, I instantly thought of the design I had been re-working from an old derby entry I did. I hope you enjoy it! This squid is just trying unsuccessfully to be perfect.

No! I Am Your Father!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Haaaaa I was planning to do this one! Very similarly, except the guy not so creepy like. D’oh! Oh well, one is good for the derby. Nice job guys!:slight_smile:

hahaha! its amazing!

Say hello to my lil friend! - Scarface

I had a lot of fun with the detail work and coloring for this one… I hope you enjoy!

Here is a sample of the detail.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1672/littlefriendpreview.jpg

“Rosebud…” - Charles Foster Kane, Citizen Kane

Very, very much against stirring.

Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker!

• Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

I hope you like it!

“We’re on a mission from God.”

-The Blues Brothers

However, after reading the rules, it appears that I did not read them thoroughly enough and this pucker style re-interpretation may not be “reinterpretationed” enough.

Thank you all anyway and have a great weekend!

This is excellent. It really meets the criteria of being a great movie quote, and it also spins it around just enough to make you think about it.

I love the actual art involved. The elephant is exquisitely drawn, and I am very happy to see the splatter make a come-back. The red really makes the design much more dramatic.

This is an excellent entry!