Derby entry comments for Derby #179: When Toys Attack!

Comments for individual derby entries are placed in this thread.

Catnip toys attack! State of kitty euphoria beyond recommended levels!

Here’s a close-up detail:

http://www.infinitywave.net/toomuchcatnip-detail2.jpg

(See the whole thing in the BIG VERSION here.)

Thanks for looking! This is six colors on light blue. Please vote if you like this design. :slight_smile:

Happy holidays,
—Spiritgreen

Detectives, allow me to show you exhibit A: a hunting knife, the alleged weapon used to commit this horrific crime; exhibit B: an old-fashioned wind-up key; and exhibit C: tiny little footprints that clearly came from no human I have ever seen. Now sirs, I implore you to use your powers of deductive reasoning and solve this heinous crime so that we may bring closure to the family of the poor deceased teddy bear.

A close-up of the halftones:

All around the mulberry bush, the pirate chased the kraken…

**Target Secured. **

When the Bop-Bag has had enough!!!

Oh the humanity…

When old toys get pushed aside for new ones, you better be prepared before their haunting face of jealousy comes back for a psychological thriller…

They’re not nice, they’re just drawn that way…

Marbles are awesome to draw. This is a six color design for a navy shirt. Here are some close-ups:

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af226/LoopyPhotos/marbles_close_up.jpg

“Oh, lost your eyes? We’ll just sew some buttons on there instead… Doesn’t feel so great, huh? Doesn’t seem like such a good idea now, does it? Does it!!!”

Teddy’s revenge!

Cool work, Patrick. It all really pops and that ground texture is neat.

:^)

Haha. Cute.

Did someone say the word “Whack”?

Very pretty, Loop.

Look out, it’s a Whack-u-mole!

:slight_smile:

GMV.

just try and take him home…

if she had only known what she was in for when they sewed in the little fabric hearts…

Your first two words were what I was going to write, so I’ll just say - ditto!

Sooo cute Spiritgreen <3 If only my kittens got so dreamy with their catnip mice…for some reason they kind of ignore them compared to other toys. Really adorable design all the way through!

PS. When I saw this in the pre-derby thread, I was both like ‘awwww’ and ‘noooo’ because I had a cat with attacking cat toys idea too… oh well!:wink: