Derby entry comments for Derby #217: Hipster Animals

Love. I think you’ve really got the spirit of this category here - the whole “whimsical at the expense of utility” thing is something I encounter daily amongst my beloved, silly hipster friends.

I think that since Hipsters tout the whole “irony” thing, it would have been clever if he had a clothes iron on his belly.

Hello! Here is my hipster owl. Owls themselves are hipsters… all the time… but this one has a vintage record player and vintage headphones.

Where I live there are a lot of hipsters. I see a lot of them on those old style 1950’s bikes, but there are 2 who I see riding on Old-Timey style bikes. This my friends is a sight to see.

Hipsters love graphic tees, especially with animals on them.

Also, the image repeats after the monkey, which I guess means the wearer is a monkey. But not really. Anyways, someone has to look pretty close to see all that.

edit: I mocked it up on what it would look like if actually being sported. I think it’s pretty funny.

I hate you both!

This is perfect! +1

Aaaaa! It’s so great! Keep fogging, dude.

I like the C chord he’s playing and the toms like shoes. This is a great design!

Who invited HIM, anyway?

!

This is so cute!

Eating lawyers and smashing child filled cars are what every other T-Rex does after escaping their enclosure. I think this one is going to actively seek out Ian Malcolm and have a chat on Chaos Theory.

I will always be a duckman.

I wish I could get my designs to come out like this! Love it! :slight_smile:

I need to do more frogs with afros… :slight_smile:

Ha! I SO like this tee.

This shirt captures the hipster essence perfectly. I am so in for one.

Please, please, please print!

This guy “digs” the underground scene.

eh…eh…see what I did there?!

HA! What a great idea. You’ve got mad skills :slight_smile:

Love this, the can of PBR is a hilarious touch (and at least where I live, will make this shirt even easier to understand)