Derby entry comments for Derby #246: Animals Re-Enact History

Comments for individual derby entries are placed in this thread.

“Friends, I shall ask you to be as quiet as possible. I don’t know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot; but it takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose. But fortunately I had my manuscript, so you see I was going to make a long speech, and there is a bullet - there is where the bullet went through - and it probably saved me from it going into my heart. The bullet is in me now, so that I cannot make a very long speech, but I will try my best.”

Thinking about it, maybe I should have made him a bull moose. But then I wouldn’t have been able to show off his adowable stuffy wuffins. I don’t know if stuffed animals count for this, but it wasn’t specified, and a bleeding bear wouldn’t have been nearly as shirtworthy. Who knows.

Nearly being assassinated didn’t stop President Theodore Roosevelt from giving his speech. I’m pretty sure the result would have been the same if he had been a teddybear – less because of how awesome and manly he is in this case and more because he has layers of fluff and no internal organs, but still.

It being mostly blue has nothing to do with me getting his political alignment wrong and everything with it looking better in blue.

Around 1439 Johannes Gutenpurr and his printing press revolutionized the spreading of knowledge. It could be argued that all modern communication owes its existence at least in part to his meowvelous invention. A cursory glance at the internet reveals just how far we have come. Now if only he could keep his employees to a more rigorous nap schedule…

6 colors on kelly green.

One step for cats, no room for dogs!

2 colors on navy.

“Little Boy” was the codename for the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima on August 6, 1945. It was the first atomic bomb to be used as a weapon.

This baby penguin is trying to be that “little boy” because he’s not a baby anymore.

Time + tragedy + penguins = comedy.

The red baron… This little mouse is the best old school plane pilot there is!

Houston we have a problem… apparently the reports of cheese were greatly exaggerated.

Agreed, a realistic bleeding bear probably wouldn’t go over big, but leaking stuffin’ sure should. Lol! Besides, that’s how we got ‘Teddy’ bear, anyway.

I think the airing of Star Trek counts as a famous date in history!

How might the world have been different if kitties had invaded Troy? Though some kitties (lacking the polydactyl gene, and thus possessing no thumbs) are less useful with spears than others, the Trojans could have been so overcome by the adorability (yes, I made that up) of it all that the Trojan War would have ended with cuddles and snuggles instead of a blood bath. Maybe. Kitties are sneaky…and maybe they would have just eaten the Trojan’s faces in their sleep…with kitty kisses…yeah.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions to help me avoid the rejectionator!

Lol! I see what you did there…

It seems like your entries as of late have been pretty amazing!

Wow. This is just beyond cute!

So awesome!!!

The style and coloring here are freaking amazing.

Not yet.

Monocle penguin on iceberg for the win!

This is cute AAAAND funny. :smiley: