Derby entry comments for Derby #256: Lost in a Good Book

Comments for individual derby entries are placed in this thread.

Inspired by “Harrison Bergeron” by Kurt Vonnegut.
Sometimes I get lost inside my mind when I’m reading.

Marinara recipes in Italian cookbooks can be very engaging.

There’s nothing quite as wonderful as getting lost in a good book. Beat that, movie!

Chapter 5: The Hatching

• I don’t know how it all started, but those… those… things… weren’t there 3 Earth days ago when the Eclipse started. Then, one day after, I heard a buzzing sound inside them, but that wasn’t as scary as the low growl and the movement that I noticed a couple of hours ago… -

I get really emotionally involved in the A Song of Ice and Fire series, and whenever a Stark suffers I kinda want George R.R. Martin to suffer for it too.

Have you ever tried to read two books at once, and have trouble keeping the details straight?

This is a collabo with my awesome friend Adam.

Lose yourself in a jungle of books…or the jungle book. The choice is yours.

This is Benjamin. He’s a Button and he’s curious.

I wanted to illustrate that feeling when you are reading a book and you know something’s gonna happen, something really bad, and you get so nervous that you read faster cause you are expecting something that change that inevitable fate…but nothing happens…

Hope you like it!

woops forgot to include a palette, but this design is 6 colours with 30lpi halftones!

Get kids into reading early and oh, the places they will go.

It’s the stuff nightmares are made of!

I could even wear this to work (in my library)!

Yay! Good one Kevlar. This is a keeper!!

Love it, my friend!

A reags & Tony Centeno Collab,6 colors on brown tee, hope you like it!
http://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/icons/web2/Icons/FaceBook_128x128.png
[/quote]

some books make me want to join the revolution…well make images about revolution.

A good book inspires me to riff on iconic images

+1