Derby entry comments for Derby #258: Beauty Within

I really, REALLY like this!

“Double Tap” is the second rule to survive the zombie apocalypse as stated in the movie Zombieland. It basically means that you should always shot a zombie a second time (in the head), to make sure it is really dead.

And yes, those are shotgun shells.

Lookin good kdeuce, love the colors and comp

I love it!!! This had better print so I can get one for myself and my lil girl!

Geodes Rule!

Maybe it’s a cynical take on the theme, but I hope you like it all the same.

For the days you need the world to know. That you’re into Wes Anderson.

Please, please, please let this print. It’s lovely, it’s on theme, and it’s not another black shirt. The more I look, the more I like it.

It seems the topic “inner beauty” is lost with most people nowadays. I really like how you can incorporate beauty with a subject that most people would detest. A nice person or a kind action is what makes a person beautiful. True beauty should come from a person’s morals, not from a person’s looks. What we perceive to be beautiful nowadays are sadly, mostly on the surface; whereas we should look at the “inside” of a person to determine true beauty.

There are some pretty good entries in this derby, but there are a lot that are way too sappy for my liking.

I like this design!

I like this one but I didn’t realize the Medusa reference right away. I wonder if a waiter turned to stone in the background might contribute to the overall theme. I like the style!

I am disturbed that there is no key hole for the key… but i do love the design! :slight_smile:

I like this design!

I am just not convinced Bowser would stop… Yoshi maybe? lol

I love simple designs but I also love them when they are expressed without text. What if the pie were on a 1st place podium followed by piece of cake in 2nd and 3rd place going to…?

Referent: Tiffany Aching is a character in Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series.

all i can think of with this design is American Beauty

ochopika your robots are the cuuuutest.

I just don’t think it works. There needs to be some kind of actual zombie reference here or people are going to just think it’s referring to homicide, or assassins, or drug dealers. “Sure I’m willing to kill all my friends for some vague unspecified reason that you can make up yourself!”

I get that you were inspired by Zombieland or whatever, but that line isn’t from that movie, and Zombieland certainly isn’t what most people think of with the term ‘double tap’. It’s military lingo for 2 quick shots to the target on as close to the same spot as possible. Furthermore you don’t double tap with a shotgun anyway, so your shotgun shells don’t make much sense with the slogan.