Derby entry comments for Derby #263: England

A) It’s perilously close to copyright.
B) There’s racist messages.
C) Stig itself is a derogatory term.
D) Religious reference.

SWEET!

Clearly you have never seen the show. This is a list of every “stig” they have had on the show and the African stig was from the Botswana special they did and it was one of the best they aired.

That doesn’t mean it’s not an offensive stereotype, just that the BBC let’s them get away with things like that.

I’m quite surprised of entries I’m NOT seeing.

Come on people… think about it. We’re taking about England here. :smiley:

Think of the BOOKS!

2 things:

1. Personal Peeve. “To thine own self be true.” isn’t Hamlets line, and it’s quite possibly one of the most out of context lines ever. After a 3 minute lecture on what kind of man to be, the final line is “be your own man”, which effectively negates the entire speech.

2. “12 rounds of thumb biting drama” - to bite your thumb is roughly the equivenent of flipping the bird. MASSIVE insult gesture.

You do realize this is a Woot derby, right?

In regards to your second point - it was meant to be taken as a tounge-in-cheek barb since I was taking two of the greatest literary characters and putting them into the equivalent of an American boxing promotion.

As for your first point - it was the best quote for my use, I know it wasn’t true to form, but artistically it worked for me.

I’d have been tempted to go with something like “Get thee to an Nunnery!”

LOL… that’s good. I may change it if I get a chance this weekend.

Hahaha…

And here I thought I’d forgotten my password… phew

If you want you can give it to me, and I’ll remember it for you >:D

Haven’t bought many shirts since they switched to Anvil, but I quite enjoy viewing entries and comments.

Hope this is fixed before the weekend.

[Mind the Trap

100x100

http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/6fe106ba-b6c7-406a-b84e-df8fa35ccda0.jpg[/img]](Shirt.Woot)
How has this not been rejected for use of photos?

Have you tattled yet?

Knee jerk reaction was “That’s not a photo, it’s a LiveTrace of Photo. Toooootallly different…” lol

[englands finest

200x200

http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/d3fef1c7-933d-403b-8f00-c2b62c544c31.jpg[/img]](/derby/entry/64943/englands-finest)
How has this one not be rejected for “Ummm No.” yet?

I only tattle on spammers.
And live-traces have been rejected in the past.

I know, I’m having a bad day. I had an idea, and spoke it aloud. Now my boss wants it by end of day.

FUN!

I think he’s trying to riff on Banksy’s work, which creates stencils from photo outlines and colorizes them on brick walls. As a Photoshop and Illustrator professional, I’d have to say that Lyonscc didn’t do a direct photo trace. If anything, he had to do a lot of level manipulation and filter transformations (or he’d just get a blackish blob), or had a drawing step in there somewhere. I’ve done a Banksy mock-job before and it is a lot harder than it looks.

test