Derby entry comments for Derby #330: Classic Literature

Comments for individual derby entries are placed in this thread.

3 colors on Royal Blue–thanks!

I just called this The Jungle Book…because it seemed very fitting.

From “Through the Looking Glass” :slight_smile:

Inspired by Romeo & Juliet

A collaboration with my daughter (who did all the drawing), though she’s too young to enter the derby.

6 Colors on Black. A mishmash of Sherlock Holmes: A Study in Scarlet, Hercule Poirot and the connoisseur of liquid scarlet himself- Dracula. Hopefully these two genius detectives can at least come to an agreement that they might be in a little trouble.

It took me a minute to see it, which was really cool.

Based on “A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens. I used the following character descriptions as an inspiration (and made my own versions):

“… the Ghost of Christmas Past, a strange childlike phantom with a brightly glowing head…”
“…the Ghost of Christmas Present, a majestic giant clad in a green fur robe…”
“…the Ghost Of Christmas Yet To Come a figure entirely muffled in a black hooded cloak…"

“Cause when you enjoy something it’s much more rewarding if you share it with someone that truly understands you” XD

Love this one! Very cool.

“Why Is A Raven Like A Writing Desk?”

From Alice in Wonderland!

I see this being rejected for pop culture and too many colors

Freakishly awesome, as usual.

Very cool Kevin!

hahaha very funny!!!

I want this!

Definitely wearing it every time I see my psychiatrist.

Nice work.

I couldn’t decide whether I liked the cranberry or black shirt better, so I figured I’d submit them both and see what happened.

The background text is chapter one of the novel.

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag24/EwingKlipspringer/Badge-of-Shame-BLACK-01_zps18afa6ca.png

I couldn’t decide whether I liked the cranberry or black shirt better, so I figured I’d submit them both and see what happened.

The background text is chapter one of the novel.

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag24/EwingKlipspringer/Badge-of-Shame-CRANBERRY-01_zpsf1e36257.png