Derby entry comments for Derby #35: Spring

Thanks so much!

Yeah, I spent all night on this one… again. I kind of wish Woot would announce the topics a week ahead of time so we wouldn’t have to race our entries into production. I’m totally amazed by how many utterly professional shirts there are in the derby given how little notice we ususally get.

Anyway, thanks for the vote and hopefully I’ll make it to printing for you this time! :slight_smile:

Charter Member, Persephone Club

Well, I think we’re starting to build a better picture of what will fly and what will not. Maybe someone should start a web reference site that shows all the rejected concepts so we can get a better idea of things. Maybe this will also help our nice, friendly, extremely overworked Wootmaster keep track of what he has rejected in the past and why.

Spring forard, spring fever, spring cleaning… what better time for new beginings?

Heheh. Okay. I may take a while to catch on, but I learn eventually. :slight_smile:

I like your Bee guy. He has great attitude.
-Andy

Oh man that’s great!

I couldn’t get you to do it.

http://www.woot.com/Forums//emoticons/emotion-4.gif

I take that as a compliment by the way.
-Andy

Looks good, but not very “spring”. People may be sick of green, but warm colors aren’t very representative of the season. Personally, I’d like to see a cool color scheme, with maybe a hint of reds (the maple buds in my front lawn were always tinged with a nice crimson). Also, not a fan of the jay being so sharp a crisp against the jagged branches and leaves (and I mean in regards to the actual edges, not the forms). You’ve already got contrast in color, so you should focus on one style.

Membership has its privileges. :slight_smile:

I would sooo Want one!!

Been on a little zombie kick lately.

Hi wooter(er)s.

Since ‘collaboration’ fever seems to have hit town, we decided to jump on the bandwagon (Fable likes bands, and Derek likes wagons). In other words, this design was executed, by not one, but two of your beloved fellow derbiests:
Fablefire, and Derekfilley

Spring is when the sun comes out from wherever he goes during the winter and it’s also when the animals come out from wherever they go during the winter. Sometimes the sun comes out a little too strong and bad things happen.

Gosh we hope you like it.

I did the swirlies by hand–I’m still not good enough with the vectors to do even swirls like that–but the dots are actually a brush. It’s included in my basic brush set (not a download)–I’ll grab a screenshot for you. I used it on the bluebird entry, too.

Can that wind blow in my direction?

This shirt rocks and I am the first to vote on it…OH YEAH!

Mike Honcho grows balls?

This is what the tattle button is for.

I like that reaction! He took the longest of my three.

I say “it’s alright”