Derby entry comments for Derby #37: Greed

Comments for individual derby entries are placed in this thread.

When a greedy baby wants extra dough, sometimes the teeth gotta come out faster…

Initially, I didn’t have any good ideas for this theme but as usual my wife came to the rescue! She suggested doing a shirt of a chipmunk who had stuffed its face with acorns…

I liked this idea and took it a step further with the chubby chipmunk being lord of a mountain of nuts…

Enjoy!

When I think of greed, I always think of good ol’ Ben Franklin… not just because his face is on the hundred-dollar bill, but because he was always talking about money… saving, spending, investing… the man took a the vice of hoarding money and made it seem like the virtue of a level-headed spendthrift. Here’s to the man who made greed appear to be a traditional American value… save all your pennies and maybe you too will have your face printed on the cash.

The man had a lot to say about money, and he flew a mean kite to boot. Here are some of my favorite Franklin quotes:

“Wealth is not his that has it, but his that enjoys it.”

“If you know how to spend less than you get, you have the philosopher’s stone.”

“If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some.”

“A penny saved is a penny earned.”

“If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.”

“He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed.”

“He that is of the opinion money will do everything may well be suspected of doing everything for money.”

** Vote for Benjamin Franklin… the man on the $100 bill! **

'Twas the greed that killed it.

Don’t eat gems the size of your head. They’re hard to digest.

…and I’m requesting that the image be printed as large as possible. I’m not trying to print outside of the printable area. :wink:

Where da gold at? It’s on your shirt!

Thanks for your vote!

Even robot squirrels gather nuts, but this guy is going way beyond necessity. It’s not even robot Autumn yet.

We’ve all been that sad flower and have had that perfect girl or perfect guy stolen from us. Wasn’t that a sad sad day? How are we ever going to be polinated? What a greedy flower! Commemorate that experience with this perfect design featured on a sexy lemon shirt (complete with simulated motion and shadows… kind of…:))!

Please feel free to comment on anything. I am anxious to here what everyone thinks. Thank you for looking!

Here is one for the dog lovers out there. I hope you like!

I’m not sure that I am seeing this right. What is this supposed to be? How does it fit with the theme? The first thing that came to my mind is a coconut bra…

Despite the huge cache of nuts he’s accumulated, this little squirrel can’t take his eyes off the larger nut in front of him.

(Vote! :slight_smile: )

What do you think?

Isn’t that a copyrighted logo?

Parody

I think I like this one just slightly more.

This jellyfish is a greedy jerk taking more than he needs. But he feels bad about it. So I guess it’s ok?

http://www.robbielee-illustrator.com/wootstripforposting.jpg

A little devil taking over the world :slight_smile:

Thanks

Is “penny pinching” actually greed?

I’d say it’s frugal, or “cheap”, but I wouldn’t consider people who are “penny pinchers” greedy.

Greedy nasty little elf. What did he steal? Gold? Maybe toys in there too? who knows. And for what evil purpose??

Shame it couldn’t have been the pirate. Seriously, memes or no, that really would’ve worked. Still makes sense though, and still awesome, so GMV.