Derby entry comments for Derby #42: Join the Revolution!

Strike! Bowlers of the world unite! (others are welcome :))

Welcome back jimiyo!

I watched the step-by-step development of this design on the forums, and I have to say that I really think it turned out wonderfully. I don’t know much about better shirt colors or anything, but it’s an excellent design. Kudos to you!

Rock beats Scissors,
Scissors beat Paper,
And Paper beats Rock.

This oppression has gone on long enough, now is the time to fight back!

Next time you play Rock, Paper, Scissors and you lose, just say, “No, it’s Rock, Paper, Scissors Revolution! You can’t keep me down! I’m the winner now! Your tyranny is over!”

I swear I didn’t know who Ron Paul was when I came up with this (I’m Canadian).

The design was inspired by two songs - Switchfoot’s “Love is the Movement” and Starfield’s “Revolution”. Imagine my chagrin when I discovered that someone else had already realized that you can’t spell “revolution” without “love”. But the message is still a great one!

When birds re-evolve (or devolve, I guess) into velociraptors and other thunder lizards, there will be a revolution on our hands. Perhaps it will be bloody and we’ll have to wage a war against the reptiles. Or perhaps it will be a revolution in transportation. A velociraptor would make a fine and fiercesome steed!

Jack Black in a party hat, while more compelling that a conventional che illustration, is questionably revolutionary

i loooooooove locats.

i will cry if this doesn’t win.

i loooooooove lolcats.

i will cry if this doesn’t win.

Ode to Cesar Chavez and his United Farm Workers for using non-violent methods of protesting to revolutionize the working conditions of migrant workers.

Wear this shirt on March 31st, if you live in CA or TX.

Now this is a good lookin’ asphalt shirt!

I also gotta say that the evolution of this design was fun to watch. I think you really nailed it in the end.

candy corn spikes!

want to see the process video?

Some people just can’t get used to a computerized society. Others look on with envious eyes

OMG! LUV!!!

Very nice! But I would have called it “Communist Party Games”

It’s definitely got my vote.

This is my take on a modern day revolution. Ya Dig?

This was actually my father’s idea. I went to him, being a history buff, thinking he would have an excellent shirt idea for me to design. He quickly responded, why not put the United States on its side with arrows making it look like its revolving…

Brilliant!

beautiful Zenne. You leveled up artistically!

Inspired by the painting The Spirit of '76, this design shows 3 of the recent revolutions in America: suffragettes, civil rights, glbt rights. All three march below a colonial flag.

http://ourgaggleofgirls.com/img/revolutionfinal.jpg

This design was inspired by the student uprising in France in May 1968. Many literary and lyrical works were inspired by these events, including the Beatle’s “Revolution”, Rolling Stone’s “Streetfighting Man” and Bertolucci’s film “The 3 dreamers”. I wanted this design to capture the calm before the storm…how three students originally passive and dreaming of change are then pushed to the point of becoming active participants of change.

The banner reads “Sois Jeune et Tais Toi” which translates to “Be Young and Shut Up”, or 'Be Young and Be Quiet". This was inspired by an actual student poster created for the 1968 French uprising.

The signs "change the world’ and ‘change the constitution’ are inspired by the lyrics in the Beatle’s ‘Revolution’ song. There’s a palace in the back of the General which is also influenced by the Beatle’s lyrics "The time is right for a palace revolution’.

Hope that makes sense.