Derby entry comments for Derby #427: Northeast States

That is really quite cool. I really like the moment when you notice the climbers. I voted for it! Good luck, even though it was a later entry.

Chappaquiddick and tax jokes? Really?

I’m not a big fan of the New York one either. Spanish is actually my first language… sorry?

Really great illustration! I don’t much care for the city, but might get this anyway if it prints.

Sorry - I try to be an equal-opportunity offender (my first print was, after all, a Donner Party/cannibalism joke). Even though it’s water under the bridge, Chappaquiddick is always the first thing to spring to mine when I think of Massachusetts, and the second is that the local HR guy from Botson always refers to home as “Taxachusetts”.

Sorry - I almost changed it at the last minute last night, but (again my first thoughts) the thing that always makes me laugh about NYC is that every time I’ve gone there, I’ve gotten a cabbie who can’t seem to understand a word I say. I do speak some Spanish, so that’s not the issue, either.

Maybe a better tag line would have been “Some of our cab drivers even speak English”.

[facepalm]

As a western massachusettian, I love this shirt and really hope it wins. Nothing ever happens out in the west side of the state, so all the magical stuff on the eastern part is magical legendy stuff.

With that said though, there’s ** a lot** more cool stuff out this way.

Witch hunts are always a safe bet though.

Thank you! I really appreciate your comment :slight_smile:

Sure wish I could buy this (or that any RI shirts at all made it through the derby). Thank goodness like three Delaware shirts made it, though.