Derby entry comments for Derby #500: New Mythical Creatures - $5K Cup Round 1 of 3

Comments for individual derby entries are placed in this thread.

You already knew that the tooth fairy sneaks into your house and takes kid’s teeth. Now you know what happened to all of those missing socks. SOCKTAPUS!!!

Is he a yokai? A kaiju?

All we know is this ultimate form of cats must be stopped, or at least distracted.

Happy 500th Shirt Woot derby!
-Spiritgreen

I’m so excited about this theme!!!

I love creatures that have legends about them- especially legends that become nursery rhymes. Figured I’d try my own. :wink:

From the mythical Minotaur: half bull, half man

So majestic… :slight_smile:

LOVE the colors here, Spirit

I didn’t get a chance to do the half-toning, but it will be in the final, I promise!

He will consume your very lives! GET UP OFF THE COUCH BEFORE IT’S TOO… oh, look! Jessica Jones is on Netflix.

EDIT: Here’s the updated version with the halftones applied. Thanks for the votes so far!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/yYvyPTlg3IPW1nwugqYa2gLvfqv6XYJsEea7FENqk--7iSbZGDn2uePMTWZ8vZ2owKQtbTH9Xa4ezpaNFNc0ChAUBAlw07y_TCAD16UHaZKZLem1T3hCIKpcsPnudBJ-Sa1zIQSQISsEwos9TNw0ZRm2h9CR2K9JD7q4CV0hYGaAo22ZwRuJVuItYe5yuX6hrgkhP5pa8cWr-GXkGDxzD5mKqIGkRzKyaQPJQ4Ptwi8-SY2xq4BWqtTzSi9NdvY6ArU_bpcdByfk0A--qLRzWDKdF25YrSMt6cVHrcpTLFxj6Vm2bWuCqItqdFxmuGsG_UNx0QJnDMpxng2IJiB33rgtiNejiJvG31FGmmkKJNyC3Nv6A22drQojulBbqENUf8LiRu6HqR8oP8uBkmYJwpb2kqbN8MCUtC-WlmZ59W_TCGaTbCQuOEHj0EI2A6CUlgjgZi8j5CX0G3s9kxg2eQGAUMaxytr_h-2rc4E4U6sM7VLF_ur2-q2iP61ERu_LK9aeSl3vCRLtyDOSQpuIX_ejTqqCwBKVWSxdRX-VLCY=s602-no

So rad- so cute. Love this little (?) guy. :slight_smile:

Triple Threat… of cuteness. :slight_smile:

They feel so calm and cute… I’m assuming I shouldn’t wake them up though. :wink:

Of course you’ve never seen one! These butterfly-cats are masters of jungle camouflage.

Love it- heh I bet I have one of these guys living in the back of the dryer…

That’s a great little verse and character. :^)

Fun ideas here!
I wrote a story about a Mercat for a NEW FOLK TALES picture book I’m working on. :slight_smile:

Oh, THAT’s where my other red sock went… +1

So grumpy! haha. :slight_smile: NOPE!

I must have a bunch of these at my house! Can’t find ANY matching socks anymore!

Great shirt!

He’s under the water, see?

Nice- I like how you made it like a page in a Monster Manual… :slight_smile: