Derby entry comments for Derby #71: Thrift

Hahaha!

I like this one. It’s very cute and sad at the same time. I usually don’t go in for cute and sad, but when you throw a robot into the mix… it works :slight_smile:

I get it, but I just don’t think this idea works for me. People who would see me wearing this would go, “What’s with your shirt?” Then I would have to explain it, and they would go, “Oh. Um, OK…” Not really what I’m going for when I wear a shirt.

Bottled water has to be one of the least-thrifty things we buy. If people are concerned about saving maybe they’ll cut back on that. After all, you can get a whole value menu meal for the price of one fancy bottle. Not that I’m endorsing fast food (stay healthy people!) I’m just remembering back to when water came in one flavor - water!

Thanks for the help earlier everyone. The suggestions helped

The illustration is great, D1. I love your style. Probably wouldn’t get the thrift thing without knowing the theme here, but it doesn’t matter. The illo is so something I’d want to wear. I wouldn’t mind wearing a random stubby pencil that looked like this at all. GMV.

This is absolutely great! It doesn’t even really require the theme to be great! :slight_smile:

This is for the thrifty person who wants their lawn cut, but doesn’t want to pay hundreds per month for several guys to do it. Plus, it’s ecologically responsible and comes with free fertilizer treatment!

My only concern with this shirt is it feels a bit feminine with the light blue shirt and all the pink. I just can’t see myself wearing this with all the pink.

While this shirt isn’t for me, I have to say, VERY well drawn cat. Excellent work!

That’s crazy. In Florida we just turn on either one because they’re both the same temperature.

Thanks for the votes!

This shirt is really great! Just not feeling the white shirt. I’m going to have to save my vote in the hopes that will be resubmitted on a colored shirt…I just don’t see myself wearing it on white.

l o l… thanks for the great comments.

Yeah, I kept trying to think of something to add to it that would say, nay scream, “thrift”. The only reason I kept it like this is, I thought if I did add anything, it would just take away from the nubby pencil.

Either way, this is my “fun, simple and quick” for the derby. I’m currently working on another that’s going to take a little more time. Although, that’s not going to guarantee it’ll be any better though. :smiley:

I’m not sure I understand this design. What exactly is happening? And what is with all the black spots all over the design around the tree?

What color do you think it would work with?

Come on…how can you ask? Where have you been for the last year…the cat is looking for the Obama/Biden change we need.

Conscientious Piracy - too funny. I like your squiggly drawing style too.

I used to go everywhere on rollerskates when I was little. Like Tootie on The Facts of Life (the oldskool one). I think I would buy this if it were ever printed, and I think I would wear it often.

Clearly regifted from long ago as the plug does not have ground prong…all you need is bagel detritus in the toaster.

The detail is awesome. A CFL light bulb. HA HA! Nice touch!

who needs a ground prong? mine doesn’t XP