Derby entry comments for Derby #81: Heartbreak

Very cute in a sad but funny way.
+1

thanks to all of you who offered feedback on this in the main thread…it really helped out a lot!

Didn’t notice the hook at first, but, now that I do, great design.

I think cell division is a little more emotional than we think.

Is this a reference to the Bon Jovi song “You give love a bad name”? The first line goes “Shot through the heart and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name.” I was just wondering, because I really like that song (and I voted also).

MUST HAVE

So, the thought behind this one is that girl’s having an adult-like realization and all her toys turn on her. Kind of like, she grew up all of a sudden and the realization made her toys not what they used to be and it breaks her heart that she can’t ever go back to the way it was. I didn’t really intend for people to really get all that from the design, but if you wanted to know what was going on in my head, there it is. :slight_smile:

So… This my first entry for this derby. I decided to take the “heartbreak” theme to an odd direction. Its still a heart… just now there are people on break that work for or in the heart… get it? Heart-break.

Yeah, I know its odd.

Comments are always welcome! Cheers!

This one is hilarious.

Hmm. The colours seem a bit different but anyway…

Here it is!! Prepare for some poker related puns!

Its a full house , but he’s still so lonely!!

Love is such a gamble , but he’s unlucky enough to be the king of broken hearts!!

Well thats all i’ve got for the moment. Votes and comments are very very welcome !! Compliments and criticisms are welcome too ( as long as they aren’t too harsh) but more importantly if you like it (or simply pity the poor playing card) then…VOTE!!

Xanzibar

You really are so clever!

Haha this is awesome- great idea

Thank you, Heartluce.

I guess this is my attempt to reconcile a love of tatoo art and a mild fascination with the work Frieda Kahlo. I had a lot of fun creating it.

Nice color and composition. Great idea!

Let me guess. He did the eyes.

thats what i thought of when i read/song the title

Hearts every where are breaking! Please vote for this if you like it! Thanks.

Large detail:

Here’s a link to see it all at once.

Boots, I bet your creepy/odd/cool in real life too.

Awesome entry this week… still creepy.