Derby entry comments for Derby #95: Pointillism

Comments for individual derby entries are placed in this thread.

First!

Awesome!

The alternate title for this was “Dots and Other Things That Aren’t Good for You.”

This week’s theme is hard. I like smooth lines! They’re so clean and pretty. Still, I refuse to sit it out, so here’s the best I could do.

This is a first try at this style, so I hope it turned out ok. I used one of my paintings as a basis for the composition and have the aching hand today to verify that each dot and dash was original (no halftones or filters).
I hope you like it!

I don’t have a clue what we were suppose to do… lots of things were unclear,As per usual.

Oh, wow! I want this shirt! Awesome job!

hI-i like

I like it a lot. I just don’t like the color scheme. I think it’s pretty feminine. However, I couldn’t tell you a better color scheme to use because I think that the colors you used are accurate.

My entry for the derby this week. =)

Comments/criticism welcome!

Great job, just it’s on black…too hot for black all the time.

I thought it was a baby deer at first… oops.

Roger wants glow-in-the-dark ink. If not, oh well. The white-color is fine too. =/

I’m sorry I had to resort to PIRATES…I’d wear it, does that matter?

Fun fact: looking at lots of tiny dots makes me motion sick.

Link for a better view of the design:Pointilistic Patchwork

haha. well, at least now you know.

Wow, I didn’t realize the octopus would be so common for this derby. O.O

Anyway I had a hard time making sure this was pointillism and not stippling. Hopefully it’s okay.

I also hope it’s subject is clear. The octopus head is the sun and he’s toying with a planet in each tentacle. The elimination of Pluto was convenient for this since now there are eight planets. :slight_smile:

When Seurat was a child… he played with his favorite toy that was given to him by Emmett Brown.

hmm. weird. the option to edit my post isn’t there. I’v noticed that happens sometimes.

what color is the shirt, brown? Black? I can’t tell.

I think this turned out great.